• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID lights?

Tantrum

Extreme
Website
www.adrenalinecam.com
Has anyone tried HID's, Xenon or other aftermarket lights on their Apex? I just brought my new '07 Apex home two weeks ago so I haven’t had the chance to try it out stock. In my experience, after market lighting is usually a significant improvement over stock.

I have Hid's on my sled. i love them. There's no comparison to regular bulbs.
Kit's are pricey, but they have come down in last couple of years.

jlemieu1 said:
powerbulbs.com out of Europe puts out good bulbs too. They say the Osram are a little more brite that Silverstars due to EU allowing slightly more brightness. I have the Osram Silverstar and I love them. They will go on my wifes 08 as soon as I pick it up.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_list. ... 39&cat2=23
I have those in my sled now, they are brighter but I cant get the beam adjusted to were it works good, there too low on low beams and pointing at the trees on high beams. Thats why I was thinking HID might be the answer.

guardrail said:
http://www.xtralights.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1341
Get the BiXenon(high beam option) and 6000k bulbs(these shine the farthest).

Thanks for the link. Still abit more $$ than I thought, Ill have to do some reading.
Which bulb does the Apex use? H7?

They are H-4's. I would recommend 5000k if you go hid. 4300K is the brightest and as you head up the kelvin scale you lose light. IMO 5000K is good because as the bulb ages it's light output diminishes. 6000k is a bit blue, almost fake hid look but looses about 20% light output compared to the 4300K. I have used all 3 of these temperatures.

watersuper said:
They are H-4's. I would recommend 5000k if you go hid. 4300K is the brightest and as you head up the kelvin scale you lose light. IMO 5000K is good because as the bulb ages it's light output diminishes. 6000k is a bit blue, almost fake hid look but looses about 20% light output compared to the 4300K. I have used all 3 of these temperatures.
Thanks for the info, thats what I love about this site !

bokrock said:
watersuper said:
Thanks for the info, thats what I love about this site !

I agree.
The ones I have in my sled are 5000's. I put the 6000's in my dirt bike, and they work fine. I never used the 4300's but They are closest to pure white light, which shines the furthest. The site i bought my 5000's from doesn't exist anymore:-(

I put on the Sylvania Ultras H-4 and they are amazing! I picked them up at Autozone for $48.00 plus they had a $10.00 mail in rebate.

These are a step up from the Sylvania Silverstars according to the clerk at Autozone.

Cobalt
:-o

Back