• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LOOK if you have loose steering this may help.

SkyHiFX114

Extreme
was working on the sled today and my steering has been real loose for some time. i just kept putting it off because i have not done the recal and figured that was the problem. well not 100% of it. while i was digging around this nut (see pics) on the right side under the key panel had backed off all the way to the safty clip. that nut holds the linkage to the frame. i tightened it up added lock tight and fixed 75% of my steering wobble.

5.jpg

7.jpg

im going to check that today. something is seriously wrong somewhere with mine since the recall.

when i turn hard with mine it crunchs or clucnks really hard. did yours do that?

Wow good catch.That one isnt part of recall.

Seanmurphy they may have gotten one of the cotterpins in wrong position or forgot one of the bushings.

seanmurphy26 said:
im going to check that today. something is seriously wrong somewhere with mine since the recall.

when i turn hard with mine it crunchs or clucnks really hard. did yours do that?

no none of that, the bars just turned about an inch or more before any movement came from the skis

is this able to be gotten to with only taking the cover off that covers the battery or does it take almost the whole palstic removal to do?

I've noticed some slop in the ball joints at the end of the tie rod, as well as the holes on the spindle where they bolt on. I think I might drill them out a few sizes and make some stepped bushings to replace the two washers on the top and bottom of the ball joint.

What I thought everyone knew about this, looks like I was wrong. They just have a cotter pin to the end of there. Much like the ski bolts, so it the nut to spin free but be stopped from coming off. What I did a few years ago was put a lock washer in there instead.

When I had the front frame section of a few months ago I noticed this exact bolt loose. I too tightened it and it fixed part of the sloppy problem.

was working on the sled today and my steering has been real loose for some time. i just kept putting it off because i have not done the recal and figured that was the problem. well not 100% of it. while i was digging around this nut (see pics) on the right side under the key panel had backed off all the way to the safty clip. that nut holds the linkage to the frame. i tightened it up added lock tight and fixed 75% of my steering wobble.

5.jpg

7.jpg
hi, thanks for this info. the pics are showing unavailable. would you mind sending them to apeddigrew@gmail.com thanks

Back