• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 boken bolt

SnoWarrior

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2024 Sidewinder L-TX LE
Just a heads up. I have put over 500 miles on the skid and really like it. Started riding bad, bucking like crazy, so checked and one of the bolts on the front arm where the limiter strap is had sheered off.
After pulling it apart I found the bolt broke off inside the shaft about 1/8". (about 1 inch of threaded bolt)

I had to use an air gun to get the other side off, so I could match up the bolt. After inspection, the bolt came loose and broke off. The side that was still together had loctite on the bolt. The one that backed out had nothing on it. The threads that were still in the shaft were clean.
Picked up a new bolt and fender washer and put it back together with loctite. No damage done that I could see. The shaft on that side had dropped down a little.

Checked the rest of the bolts on the skid and everything else was good.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• bolt1.jpg
    bolt1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 129

Are you talking about the bolt that mounts the suspension to the tunnel?

No the one in the picture. It holds one side of the shaft for the front swing arm. There is a bolt on each side that holds that bottom shaft.

Well, wouldn't you know it, mine is gone too! The bolt didn't break off and the bushing is missing as well! :o|

Off to the hardware store I go.

Grimm, any pictures?

No pictures, but it's exactly the same bolt as SnoWarrior's.

Grimm, what do you figure, it just backed itself out? Was it the same side as SnoWarrior's?

I figured it just backed out as well.
Identical position as SnoWarrior's, same side.

should maybe tell a.d. boivin so that could work it out with using a reverse threaded nut/bolt combo so that it won't work out. looks like the way it moves may have to deal with loosening the bolt.

Grimm, did the bolt that stayed in have loctite on it?

MIne did, and the one that backed out and snapped did not. Maybe I will send out an email to Jeff tomorrow.

Couldn't tell if it had loctite on it. It was too dark to see inside the hole.

I'll definitely be giving AD Boivin a call on Monday to get the "proper" spacer sent my way as I just used a stack of washers in it's place.

Back