• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121" vs 136" 2008 Vector Questions

xcsp

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
A few questions regarding the new Vectors-

Is the ride of an LTX 136" that much better than the 121"?

Any noticable fuel mileage difference between the two?

Anyone know if an LTX fits in a 10' enclosed trailer? I have a Triton 2-place with the tilt-up enclosure. By the specs on Yamaha's site, it looks like it would be very close, not sure if their measurement in length includes the snow flap.

The ride is less choppy,and yes it will fit a 10 foot trailer you shouldn't really notice any fuel milage difference

I have an "old" 2005 Rage (which is the ancestor to the Vector LTX) and I can tell you:

(1) The ride is much smoother
(2) Better floatation in the deep stuff

;)!

It will fit in the 10ft trailer. The ride of the LTX GT is top notch. I bought one for my wife. She is coming off an 05 Vector 121 with an airwave and swears its the best riding sled she has ever had. The motor is awesome in this chassis!

i have 05 rage love 136 dont think i will ever go back to121 great traction out of the hole

Thanks people, how about top end speed, much difference there?

Any speed figures on what a 120HP 121" & the 136" do on top?

The best speed I have seen on my Vector LTX after 500 miles is 105 on the speedo - figure about 95mph real life. I have heard of people seeing 115+ in perfect conditions after the sled is fully broken in, which would probably be around 105mph on gps. My LTX pulls about the same top end numbers as my old 600 ZR with an after-market single pipe, about the same as a valved Polaris XC600 too. I doubt the extra track length accounts for anything more than a 1-2mph loss on top end over the 121" version.

xcsp said:
Thanks people, how about top end speed, much difference there?

Any speed figures on what a 120HP 121" & the 136" do on top?

got up to 109 across the lake this weekend hard packed snow 05 rage

Back