• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Manitoba TY Ride

srxtwins

Expert
It appears that the Superior inn in Beausejour will not be able to accomidate our group in a satisfactory fashion.

Due to this, the hotel that the ride will be based out of is being changed to the Glenn Howard inn in Lac Du Bonnet. This is located about 1/2 hour from the previous location in Beausejour. The new hotel has all the nec amenities,licenced pool area with hottub and in house restaurant.

There is 10 rooms on hold for us so please book quickly as rooms in the area are in high demand these days.Tell them you are with the totallyamaha ride.

The contact info is as follows: online booking can be done at www.glennhowardinn.com , phone #is 1-204-345-9000.....sorry no 1-800 number. The managers name is John. He tells me you can get the location for getting there from their website.

For those of you that may have already booked rooms at the Beausejour inn.....very sorry for any inconvienice this may have caused you but please change your booking asap so we can keep the group together for evening socializing.

I would also appreciate a confirmed head count on this post so we know how many are coming so that lunch stops can be pre-informed of the group size they will be expected to accomidate.

Once again my apologies for any incovienience this sudden twist of events may have caused.

GREAT! ;)! I'LL STAY THERE. SINCE DON'S HOUSE IS ABOUT 2 MINUTES AWAY FROM THAT HOTEL I THINK WE SHOULD INVITE OURSELVES OVER TO CLEAN OUT HIS LIQUOR CABINET. HE MIGHT EVEN PUT OUT A FEW RINGS OF DEER SAUSAGE. ;)!

BVER FEVER said:
GREAT! ;)! I'LL STAY THERE. SINCE DON'S HOUSE IS ABOUT 2 MINUTES AWAY FROM THAT HOTEL I THINK WE SHOULD INVITE OURSELVES OVER TO CLEAN OUT HIS LIQUOR CABINET. HE MIGHT EVEN PUT OUT A FEW RINGS OF DEER SAUSAGE. ;)!

Sweet! Don't get much more convenient than that :tg:

BVER FEVER said:
Fantastic Juergen, I'd love to see 30+ sleds pull up in my yard or should I say my x-yard and drive all over my x-neighbors grass etc. That @$$ would deserve it, but then it may give us sledders a bad name. Sorry Juergen but you’ll have to drive your sled out of town about 10kms to come clean out my liquor cabinet and the cleaning out part won’t take long as it’s not very well stocked these days. Can’t as the ADULT KIDS and their friends would be cleaning it out, but I think I have a few dear sausages left in the freezer. You see I’m in transition between houses right now, and staying with my girlfriend’s and kids, waiting for the right place to come along. Hey but you’re still welcome to come out to our place, I’m just a couple of miles off the Cougar Trail, watch out for rocks in the ditches though!!!!!!

There is also, the Lakeview Hotel, Drifter’s and Casey’s that people can stay at, but the Glen Howard Inn would be the preferred place as it’s the newest, has a pool and hot tub and nice accommodations. The restaurant doesn’t seem to have done so well though and has been managed by several different owners, not sure who runs it now or how good it is, I haven’t been there for a while. Heck I may book a room for one night myself if there’s one available.

Convert said:
hlmrx1 said:
staying with my girlfriend’s

And just how many girlfriends do you have these days Don :tg:

Shush, they may be monitoring this site :drink:

If I had more than one, I wouldn't be able to get any sledding in!!!!

I live in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. Anyone going to be traveling up for the Manitoba ride that may want to travel together??? I just posted the same question on the other Manitoba entry as well. Thanks!

Cory

Just to let everyone know I was at the Glen Howard Inn today & booked a room. While talking with the owner there are only 12 rooms set aside for our group. The Inn usually has a No Vacancy sign posted during the week. He was saying with all the construction going on in the area, contractors have the place booked right up.
So book early to avoid being left out.
He also said he will have a poolside beverage server there just for us. :-o

BVER FEVER said:
Vance got on your nerves that much?
Nope it was already in the works, but had I stayed there, he would have wished he'd never moved there.

Back