• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Bent Front End this one has hit nothing WITH PICTURES

TurboJamie

TY 4 Stroke God
Another nytro with a bent front end here. This one forsure 110% has hit nothing and was done doing normal trail riding on groomed trails.

I hope Yamaha comes good for it this is not normal none of my doo's or ny apex EVER had this problem. If they don't come good on this one they can kiss our business good bye.

This sled has a grand total of 183 miles.

This one I assume to be the normal one

BentNytroFontEnd001.jpg

This one is obvisouly bent

BentNytroFontEnd002.jpg

Looking straight down from the top you can see the shock is pushed towards the rear of my sled.

BentNytroFontEnd004.jpg

This is really alarming the rate of these posts coming up on the forum in the past 2-3 weeks. FYI mine are bent too.

I hope now everyone is believing this is a manufacturing problem before everyone thought it was bs all owners will find out eventually

I know this sucks for everyone that it has happened to, and its hard to doubt that there is an issue with so many popping up.

It hasn't happened to me yet (knock on wood), but because I've read so many of these posts now, it's all I think about when I ride. I've caught myself a couple of times now looking down over the nose of the sled while riding to see if everything looks to be in line. Even going over a small clicker on the trail, I look over the hood.

A sled should inspire confidence the more you ride it, and now I'm starting to feel caution. I really hope for everyone's sake that no one gets hurt from one of these sub-frame bends.

Yeah... you boys got me all paranoid so I went out and measured my sled. It is out by 3/4"... although not out by inches, what is going on here?

I too am paranoid about this, but every time I ride, I just have such a grin on my face that I forget it for a moment. As I said to a friend of mine, "what am I going to do, NOT go ride my 10K sled? I'll ride it till it proves a problem, then we'll see." Hopefully yamaha puts out a fix before mine goes bad. Sorry if that sounds selfish, only 100 miles on mine.

Also, I'm sorry for you. This does suck for you, and as I said yamaha should DEFINATELY come up with a fix for us all (TSB or recall). Just seeing too much of these and its ruining it for the riders.

Ride on and ride safe.

Turbo Jamie, can you see where it is actually bent? My sled appears the same, left side slightly back. I assume the bend is in the sub frame, everyone says it is, I can't see anything on mine. I guess where the A-arms are so long even small bends have a dramatic effect ont he ski locations.

my buddy had to replace an a-arm bu the hit a small tree or bush and he fell off into a small running creek. I bet his front end is tweaked also, I haven;t seen his sled so I don't know. Maybe that spartan guy was right? Hate too say it because of how he acted.

Mine is going to the dealer, the ball joints are so slopped out along with the upper arms. I can push back and forth on the ski loops and the whole thing clunks like it has 6,000 plus miles on it and there is only 420. I'm pretty nervous about riding this thing.

Back