• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Vector

Yeller

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Any of you with the 2008 vectors, is the seat really hard? My 07 Nytro has a really hard seat ... it's so hard that I have a sore tail bone after any mileage on rough trails. Just wondering whether all Yami rider forward seats are really hard? BTW, I'm only about 160 lbs with gear and I hardly make a dent in the seat.

The Nytro & the Apex RTX have the harder foam in the seat. The 08 Vector has a very soft foam. Test road the 08 Yamahas this past weekend.

I've got the '08 Vector LTX...no complaints about the seat's stiffness, although I do find it a touch slippery. May be reason to slow down. :tg:

rik said:
Any of you with the 2008 vectors, is the seat really hard? My 07 Nytro has a really hard seat ... it's so hard that I have a sore tail bone after any mileage on rough trails. Just wondering whether all Yami rider forward seats are really hard? BTW, I'm only about 160 lbs with gear and I hardly make a dent in the seat.

just picked up my vector feb 29, so its brand new.... I found it much stiffer than my fathers 06 Attack but it has some seat time 3800mi. BTW I'm 230 no gear. :-o

The only complaint my father has with his 08 Vector GT is that the seat is too hard!

Other than that, he says it is the best sled he has had and probably the last.

We just did the 500 mi oil change last week and now he is up to over 800 mi.

My wife complains that the seat on ger LTX GT is hard. She prefers the one on my 06 Attak. I personally don't see a difference but then she is always right.

I know my 08 vector seat is better than my rx-1 seat,only have 700 miles on this sled but like the way it feels.

Back