• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2008 Vector LTX GT

lasrtim

Veteran
New to the board and Yamaha sleds.. Just picked up my Veck Saturday and rode 130 miles. LOVE IT!!! Soooo comfortable, great cornering, awsome power and suspension. Much nicer fit and fin from my 2006 Poo 700 Classic. I guess you can say I am a total covert since I was polaris forever until now. Never have I been this satified with a new machine.

Question: What is the quick and easy fix for the darting? I've read some about shimming the skis. How much is usually good? Any input on this (or other potential issues) is appreciated.

Thanks!

:yam:

Place a 1/4"x 3/8" shim, the width of the ski rubber, under the rear of the ski rubber. I use Bergstrom shims and they are shaped so you can run a screw through them in to the ski rubber. I also put a litle super glue on them to hold them in place while driving the screw.

Welcome to the site. My wife took her Vector out for the first ride(265 miles) this weekend and she loved it. Just to warn you that the stock carbides will not last long. I already need to replace hers so she is not just riding on the bars. We were riding in WI near Rice Lake.

My wife just turned 1000 miles on hers and loves it! I put 1/4 shims on the ski's with 6" Woody's Dooley's and 2 studs per lug down the center belt. Lightened up the front springs and full soft on the rear skid. She doesn't weigh much and this set up seems to be perfect for her.
Yammi has a winner with this sled!

Back