• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 NY TY RIDE #2. 2/27-3/1/2008

BIG BLACK WARRIOR

VIP Member
Time to put forth the information for the second New York TY ride of 2008. This time we will be riding out of the Barnevevld/Mapledale area about 10 miles north of Utica on Rt.12. Very easy to get to. The ride is planned for Wed. Feb. 27-Sat.March 1st. If snow conditiond are right, we will ride East to lake Ontario one day, South to the Waterville/hamilton area another day, East to Poland/DOLGEVILLE/Piseco area another day, and maybe a ride up North on the other day. That way we will put on 600-700 miles and hardly ever ride the same trails. Each Day we will leave from the Adirondack Lanes Parking lot on RT 12 in Mapledale at 9:30 AM. By the way they have good breakfast there. A good place to stay is at the Budget Inn just accross the street from Adirondack Lanes, Budget Inn is not fancy, but it also is not expensive. We have used this Motel for TY rides twice before. Budget Inn telephone # 315-896-2613. If you want to stay any other place, or maybe you live in the area and can ride your snowmobile there as I do, that is great, but just be at the Adirondack Lanes parking lot by 9;30, as I leave on time. If any one wants to stay and ride on Sunday Feb. 2nd, thats great, but I wouldn't be able to go and lead you. So I hope many of you can come for all or some of the days. Maybe we will get some new faces. Always have a good time on the TY rides. Also Hudons Snowmobile parts store is located just across from the Budgat Inn if you should need any Parts, and Deerfield Sports shop, a Yamaha dealer is just 4 miles north on Rt. 12. If you have any questions, PM me thanks, Gordon. Note for Steve or anyone: if you know how to make this a Sticky post, Well GET IT DONE. :4STroke:

I'll be there Wed. through Fri.

Gordon, don't know if you can edit your topic but noticed dates are correct but months are wrong.

Also, if we ride EAST to Lake Ontario it is going to be one hell of a long ride ;)! I'm up for it though :jump:

BBW, I will try and make it again this time, hopfully my wife can handle it too. just jokin. Shes gettin better every day! still kind of weak though. see ya then! Gordon, we don't need no stinkin parts store! we ride Yamahas! Honk

This is another possibility for accomodations. Steve (NY ATTAKGT) mentioned this in an earlier post.

http://www.swinginnmotel.com/

It is on the trails also and just a couple minutes north. Looks like it might be a little cleaner than Budget Inn and also has internet, which budget does not. It's owned by Hud-ons.

Looks like a double room is $65.00 / night.

Boomer, Unless there is a new trail I don't know about ( which I would find hard to believe), the trail by the Swing Gate Motel does not go down South to Mapledale. To get to Mapledale you would have to ride North to Remsen, then West to Penn Mt., then south to Stuben, then south toward Holland Patent, then East to Mapledale, and Barneveld. Probably about a 30 trail ride to go 2 miles south to Mapledale. Or you could trailer your sled South to Mapledale's Adirondack Lanes Parking lot each morning. BBW

Looks like BBW is right about the Swing Inn. TO get down to Barneveld/Mapledale, you have to ride north up towards Alder Creek then back down south via the Penn Mtn trails (C4 to C7 to C7A to S71A) , .....or just trailer down to ADK lanes in Barneveld. There arent any shortcuts from Remsen down to Barneveld.

--Steve (O.C.)

Attachments

• Swing Inn-Remsen, NY.JPG
    Swing Inn-Remsen, NY.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 165
Yup. I just put this out there as an alternate place to stay, if anyone wants a little bit nicer/cleaner place to stay with maybe a few more amenities.

Tim says he is coming up with me on his Nytro. Don't know yet what Dave with the Phazer is doing. He's a last minute kind of guy.

Great news on the weather forecast BBW! I still plan on coming but looks like I may have to work those days now. Hoping I can work evenings so it leaves the daytime for riding!!

Come on guys, Who is coming?

For you guys that maybe have never been on one of the NY TY rides, this is a great opportunity to go. This is not your typical ride on Tug Hill. Gordon (BIG BLACK WARRIOR) is a great guide who knows the trails like no one you know. We seldom see any of the beat trails so prevalent on the hill and the weather this year, really looks like it is going to bless us with some great conditions.

So if some of the guys I've been talking to (Slowpoke, NJNYTRO, NY ATTAK) can make it, it would be great to see you. The regulars who are going are a great bunch of guys and I'm sure there will be more stories to add to the memories from our past rides.

Where's the chowda?

See ya all in less than 2 weeks!

Hope to be on the ride too! My wife has been readmitted to the hospital two more times now. She is really enjoying the food? NOT. They removeed a bunch of fluild from around her lungs, and this time it was aroung her heart, so she is getting better now. I may be able to bring her home this Sat. Hope to see ya "ll there! Honk

Back