• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

09 NYTRO XTX 144 What do you think?

looks like a sweet ride. The last nytro I rode seemed to have twitchy steering at high speed. Think the steering upgrades will do this sled wonders. I would of thought a bigger fuel tank and better gauges would of came in this next model year. Oh well..

Dan

I think it's a half-hearted effort to make a cross-over of the Nytro...

The only news is the running-boards and updated geometry in the front...

Why does it still have the riddiculous small tank?
Why the RipSaw? And it's not even fully clipped!
Why not make a one-piece tunnel? The pop-rivited extension is getting really old...
Why is it no cargo-rack? (Because of the idiotic rear exhaust...)
Still uses the thin Nytro-seat... No thanks.
I guess I could go on and on.... LOL

No, Yamaha, nice try, but it's only halfways there...
If Doo puts out a '09 XR 1200 Renegade, they will already be ahead of Yammie IMO. I guess that's why Yammie had to show it before Doo shows their '09 lineup... The competition is catching up on the 4-strokes.

Quite disappointed...this is the sled that Yamaha should have released last year or mid season.

So much for the Yamablog helping Yamaha get in touch with the riders and their wants, ie. larger gas tank, better skis, etc.

No way will they ever catch Skidoo they way do business. Still waiting to see how much different the Canadian prices are, but that won't matter, because I'm not interested in this new sled, too little, too late.

Anyone put a Yammy engine in a Skidoo yet? That would be sweet!

I'm also extremely dissapointed. This WAS the sled I thought I was going to buy next year. But;

- gas tank is too small
- same crappy skis
- no storage
- rear suspension ?? (based on other CK's I've riden no thanks)
- entry level gauges

I agree with Grimm. When is Yamaha going to start LISTENING to their customers.

I will have to give Ski-doo serious consideration now.

Definately should have been released last year. I all ready don't care for the marketing. Insulting to say the least IMO. Like We don't know the advantages of long tracks. This is the sled I would have bought last year. Yamaha does this stuff alot, Hold back something obvious for a year and make it out to be a new model. Nice comparisons also going out of their way to say what a pooch the 08's are to this new 09 model. that's a nice touch. It would have been a nicer touch to hear the new guy Wade West say. "and these new 09 front end calibrations will be available to all 08 Nytro owners." Maybe I'm just in a bad mood this morning.

I cant believe it has the 1.25 track on it.

Added track length will help, but traction still going to be an issue in the powder.

I think it is just what I would be lookin for in a new sled. If i came with a 2 inch track and I wanted one bd enough, I'd switch it. If I do manage to get one, the ripsaw will be replaced with a preditor 1.25, man thats alot of studs. There where alot of guys who where askin for a sled just like this. I have put aftermarket ski on every ymaha I have owned, so that doesn't even cross my mind. I honestly think i is a step in the right direction. Remember this isn' the only sled Yamaha will have for 09. Maxdlx

I'm not too dissappointed because I didn't expect much to change.

They did change the front geometry, which I have to wonder if it will translate to an option to replace the '08. (if it will even fit) And will the new geometry make its way to the fx and rtx for 09?

Still no user storage on it?
They don't call them handwarmers on this unit, it's handlebar warmers, which may keep the handlebars warm, not your hands. :o|
No new instrument pod...the current one really is cheesy.

I think all eyes will be on the new e-tec and the 4-stroker by doo next year.

i was expecting an all new sled, maybe a sled with optional track lengths and in a new chassis.

i was not expecting a sled that was made last year, with a longer track on it that has the approach angle of a brick wall which will be terrible for off trail use.

I guess I just figured with them putting an early release out I assumed it was to combat the release of the Doo.

I figured with them doing that it would be something considerably different, not just slightly changing a current run. - Not saying its a bad sled, and wont sell.

Its jut not what I expected for this type of release. So because of that Im disappointed.

Back