• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Fuel Range after break-in (500 Miles)

What's Your Range per Tank? (after break-in)

• 80+ Miles (128KM)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 90+ Miles (144KM)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 100+ Miles (160KM)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 110+Miles (177KM)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Same/better than my buddies in the same conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX 45th
Just curious what the mob is getting? I'll delete any negative/bashing/whining posts, just trying to gather info. I ran out with my MTX during the Muni ride at 138 KM (about 85Miles) but the sled has only 450KM on it yet and we were playing around off and on trail. I can remember starting to get nervous on my Exciter SX when I hit the 90 Mile mark but it never stranded me. I expect that this sled will fall into that catagory, at least untill I change the gearing.

Please refrain from voting untill you have reached the 500 mile point, you can always come back later to submit your vote.

I've got 3000 kms on mine right now. Agressive trail riding mixed in with some powder playing/boondocking I've averaged 13 mpg many, many times. Best I've done on stricly trailriding at moderate speeds is 16.5 mpg. Worst was at break in when I only got 8 mpg for the first few tanks. it will get better. oh yeah, I voted 90+.

I have a little over 1000 miles and I havent seen it get much better. 80 miles and im looking for gas in a hurry. How long do you have after the yellow light comes on it seems to be a little premature

so many variables come into play..plus short or long track
122 kms of hard riding 24.8ltrs
144 kms of average riding(mostly trail and a bit of off trail)26.2ltrs..
90kms of deep snow running..24ltrs....but so far every sled ive ridden with has taken more fuel than me..even the 600sdi shortie's

I have not done much off trail powder riding yet so I have no input there.

I have put on 1200 miles trail riding, mostly in the UP. I have averaged a little over 18 US mpg on each tank I have checked. These miles are not put-put miles either, a lot of WOT and 70-90 mph runs for many miles.

I am really surprised at the mileage I have gotten, I was prepared to order the larger tank but the guys I ride with are always looking for fuel before me (F-7's and Poo 600's).

100 miles on a tank has not been a problem for me yet, good enough for me so far.

Have you guys done your first oil change yet? Yeah I waited a little long doing it this weekend but after that im wondering if gas milage may improve. My yellow light usually comes on after about 70 miles its all how hard im riding it but I havent held out long enough to see 100 miles on a tank

Did my first oil change at 395 miles, now have 1200 on it. The best mileage I got before that oil change was 14.5 US mpg but that was with constantly varying throttle position and many short WOT runs. The best I have seen since is 18.75 US mpg but I don't check every tank.

After break-in I am sure the mileage improves but just changing the oil will make little to no difference.

Crewchief47 said:
Just cuious what the mob is getting? I'll delete any negative/bashing/whining posts, just trying to gather info. I ran out with my MTX during the Muni ride at 138 KM (about 85Miles) but the sled has only 450KM on it yet and we were playing around off and on trail. I can remember starting to get nervous on my Exciter SX when I hit the 90 Mile mark but it never stranded me. I expect that this sled will fall into that catagory, at least untill I change the gearing.

Please refrain from voting untill you have reached the 500 mile point, you can always come back later to submit your vote.

Crew you need this setup for your MTX
primary spring------ blue ,brown, blue
secondary, leave alone
keep same weights but add
rivets, outer-17.2mm steel, center-17.2mm steel,inner 13.3mm steel with hole
GEARING- 22t upper, keep stock 40t bottom, and get a 70length chain.
This setup is good for anything under 2500 ft. I'm running it and works great...

I get better mileage than my buddys rev 800, and I think better than my friends dads rx1. I havn't run it all the way down yet, nor do I intend to, but have had 100 miles on the odo at a fill up, and no warning light. However, 100+ is all I can confirm. Simply put, I last longer than all the other people in my group, so I havn't been paying attention, I just fill up when they do. Very happy.

I just don't understand how anyone can get 18 mpg with this sled. I have 1,500 miles on mine and on all groomed trails and taking it easy I can't get better than 14 mpg. My track is also as loose as I can run it and I only weight 175 without gear. About 90 miles and I need gas. I don't understand the point to this small tank. If you are running late at night in the UP or in Canada and get lost you could have a real problem.

I always try to ride WFO everywhere I'm going and mostly in deep snow. I average around 7.5-8 mpg. I usually get about 44-60 miles to a tank depending on how much trail is involved to get to the good stuff. If I'm just hauling but down the trail I'll get about 14 mpg. I'm pleased with the mileage for the type of riding I do. It's definitely better than any 2-stroke. I have 1,200 miles on my MTX.

14-16 is what I've seen. Most of the time I would call it 14.5. One ride I had 97 miles with the light on and took 6.7 gallons. I was getting a bit nervous on that ride.

Beieve it or not with my SC nytro I am consitantly getting 80+ miles to a tank of fuel. I always no matter what riding we have done put exactly 3 liters more fuel in my sled then Mark's nytro and only 2 liters more then my dads apex. For what we are doing no complaints here. We our tight trails around our area average 55-65 mph for the most part. Some tigher technical sections though. Northern ontario I expect it to eat gas into more boost on higher speed trails. it also eats gas on the lakes when steady cruising at 80+mph

I have 2200km on mine now and I can honestly say fuel range is not an issue with me. The guys I ride with are always looking for fuel before me, including a 07 600sdi and 08 800XP, so I don't worry about it. Best I have ever done is 102km to 13.5 liters, the worst I have ever done is 130km to 24 liters.

Back