• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'08 to '09 front suspension changes

nate007

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1. '06 Apex -twin screw
2. '04 Redline Revolt 800
3. '09 Nytro XTX - twin screw
I spoke with Rod at I.C. Motorsports today, and asked about the progress on the front end fixes for the '08 Nytros. He said that Yamaha is working on it, they have lots of customer and dealer feedback on the issue, but as of now they still don't have a service buletin. Expect one to come in the off season.
One little piece of info I found useful was that on the '09's there are 11 different changes/different parts used from the '08's. I didn't botther him too much as he was busy, but I'd like to find out how many people have learned of the specifics. From what I undestand, he didn't say you could just swap an '09 into the '08??
He did say that the skis have a shallower keel, and handle alot better than the old ones.
Progress!!!

Here is what I have learned on the 09 front suspension change.
1. Caster angle changed from 22 degree to 26 degree
2. Trail angle from 21.4mm at ski bottom to 42.5mm at ski bottom
3. Relocate tie rod on spindle to improve bump stability
4. Changed 10 components
5. Was told the 09 would Not fit the 08

;)!

this is killing me. Should i keep the 08 or upgrade to 09?? Either way all I know is this winter was by far the most fun due to the nytro! I couldn't go next year w/o one!!

I was assured that there will be a cure for the '08's and I'm thinkning I may sell the Apex, and end up with my Nytro 40th and an XTX?? I wouldn't get discouraged with the '08's. They'll come up with something I'm sure. I'm keeping mine.

I rode them both back to back and "YES" the 09 is far better............................................................................."PERIOD". MM.

Yeah, there will be a "cure", but at what cost? and who's picking up the tab? that's what I'm waiting to find out! there may be an '09 in my garage next year if yammy turns a blind eye on '08 owners.

BLUEBALLER said:
Yeah, there will be a "cure", but at what cost? and who's picking up the tab? that's what I'm waiting to find out! there may be an '09 in my garage next year if yammy turns a blind eye on '08 owners.

Here another one for the rumor mill, for what it's worth:

I was told by a factory rep at the show in Midland 3/20/08 there will be a front suspension update kit coming around this august for a "very resonable price". However, he would not comment on what the kit consisted of, just that it is supposed to address the 08 suspension issues.

YamaMikeRTX said:
this is killing me. Should i keep the 08 or upgrade to 09?? Either way all I know is this winter was by far the most fun due to the nytro! I couldn't go next year w/o one!!

Oh man. Your not kidding. I won't know if I'll do a 09 until the last day.

WHEN YOU GUYS SAY THAT YAMAHA IS GOING TO COME OUT WITH A FIX FOR THE 08 SUSPENSION ISSUES, IS THAT GOING TO FIX THE DARTING ISSSUE OR THE HARSHNESS OF THE REAR SUSPENSION????? ANY FEED BACK WOULD BE GREAT

The new 09 geometry is supposed to halp the darting issue.As fasr as the harsch rear suspension.That's in the rider suspension adjustment.You need to adjust it they don't NOT ride harsh if set up correctly.

I disagree. Mine is very harsh over the stutters - yet bottoms easily on bigger bumps. I don't believe this can be tuned out with any setup changes, believe me- I've tried.
Somewhere on here I read an excellent thread on shock valving - mine will be re-valved with 3 stage valving this off season.
Other than that & the worthless handwarmers - I'm really happy with my sled.
Oh yea -my front end is tweaked also - although it doesn't seem to affect handling.

Back