• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW WORLD RECORD a BIG 210.3 MPH

WOW awesome speed and equally awesome sled, and it's a Yamaha as far as I can tell :)

I hope this was a sanctioned or controlled event so that the record gets into the books of records where it belongs.

Great work by those building and running the sled at that speed.

rxrider said:
WOW awesome speed and equally awesome sled, and it's a Yamaha as far as I can tell :)

I hope this was a sanctioned or controlled event so that the record gets into the books of records where it belongs.

Great work by those building and running the sled at that speed.

210.3 MPH 341 KMH
This record is approved SCM and ISR

A new friend with you Hondo, in the Guiness ;)!

Congradulation to the both Recordman !!

Driver is Francis, in the middle Gilles Gagné the brain and Danny méchanic chief.

That is great to hear :)

Congratulations to the team for their achievement :)

I agree,

Great job team!!!

Well done!!! ;)! ;)! ;)!

What an awesome achievement.

The bar has now been raised really high.

It is pretty ironic...as Chris Reid wrote: "Richard from the PassionYamaha Forums sent me an email reminder this morning about a very interesting event which will also take place this coming weekend. Gilles Gagne and his Attak team from Gagne Lessard are going to make their final assault on the world snowmobile land speed record. Gilles is pictured in this months Supertrax with his G Force Division twin turbo Yamaha Attak. The magic number is 200mph and if I know Gilles, he’ll most likely exceed it. His dream was to perform the run during the Bonneville Salt Flats speed week but the promoters of the event do not have a class for sleds and consequently required an additional 30,000 USD to establish one, ouch! The record attempt is now going to be for the Guinness book instead and will take place at the Val d’Or Airport on the 27th. Good luck guys.

Wouldn’t it be ironic if Yamaha snowmobiles recorded the world distance record (Bob ‘Hondo’ Davis) and the world land speed record both within the same year. Hmmmm I can see it now, the worlds most reliable and the worlds fastest… the boys in Valcourt won’t be very happy when they hear about this"!

"A world distance record and a land speed record in the same year by Yamaha's".

The most "reliable" and now the "fastest" sled on the planet!

Very impressive!!!
:Rockon:

Fantastic sled

GREAT JOB by all

Yamadoo

What primary clutch is that, I have never seen anything like it, is it a one off or.... nice to see that the stock Yamaha secondary is up to the task :)

Back