• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing Excell Exhaust, couple questions....

onlyblue

Lifetime Member
1. How do you get the seat off the phazer?

2. How long of install project?

3. Should i buy Excells close off plate or just buy a piece of aluminum to fit?

thanks guys!!!!!

The two 10mm bolts right on the subframe about halfway point of seat.

Never did excell but mine took about a hr to install taking my time.was very easy.I believe I had to remove taillight to get at the upper mount and then just careful measuring for Sawzall/cutoff wheel cut.

Excell block off sure looks nice and louvers move some air around exhaust.I am getting one but plain old aluminum sheet would do just fine since thats basicly what Yamaha did this year.

The Excell exhaust includes the block off plate currently as a special!

This is a beautiful piece and worth every penny, you need to see one and hear one and you would change your mind

i don't know. i think i'd be a bit more partial to an FMF pipe. although you might be right. seeing anything work can possibly change anyones opinion. actually my idea for an exhaust as far as i can tell has never been done on a phazer or 4 stroke for that matter, so untill i find the time to get some fabrication done i'll keep that one under me hat.

Alot of us had our aftermarket exhausts fall apart.Never heard of a Excell failing.Stainless is the key.Ti would probably also hold up.

I have an excell on my Attak and it is a very nice piece, so when i had the opportunity to buy this for less than 200 bucks, i jumped on it......

I think it's going on one night next week...... cant wait....

I haven't had any problems with my aftermarket exhaust. I fabed on a Jardine pipe off of a 600rr Honda.

Zook, could you please post some pictures of that exhaust? If you could post a pic with the seat off that would be appreciated. I won't to see how you fabed it. Also, if there is any way you could post a video to gauge how loud it is that would be awesome!

Do a search under my name and the should be some pics. Type in Jardine exhaust. It was loud untill i got an insert for it.

Back