• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

clutch kit install pics...

ZAKSTANG

Expert
Someone on another thread asked if I would take pics as i installed my Ulmer clutch kit so here they are. Hope this helps someone. I have never worked on a clutch before and it was a fairly straightforward deal. If I forgot to mention something important let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_9368.JPG
    IMG_9368.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 336
  • IMG_9367.JPG
    IMG_9367.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_9365.JPG
    IMG_9365.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_9363.JPG
    IMG_9363.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_9358.JPG
    IMG_9358.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_9353.JPG
    IMG_9353.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 322

Nice Job! Very well laid out.

Makes me wanna go out and get a clutch kit, probably anyone could do this job with instructions like this.

Regards,

Rick

What are the advantages of the clutch kit? How will it change the performance of the sled from the stock clutch?

Thanks for the info and great post!

Zaks, Great step by step procedure. I always pull the hole clutch off but make sense to leave on unless removing the bushings! I Will use this to do my preseason checks on my Viper and RX1. Should add this to Tech support folder. Thanks Again,
Blue

MN User, from what i understand it makes it a bit more responsive midrange and bottom end....i went to a 136x1.75 track and also changed to a 17tooth top gear...ill let you know how it goes once we get some snow...

Very nice.... can you send me that info in an email and I will add that to our tech info library on totallyamaha.com

Tom

cool glad i could help....now we just need a bunch of snow so i can go test it out with my 136x1.75 track.. :)

I just put my ulmer clutch kit on..the weights don't have a specific order do they..i just took an old one off and grabbed one of the new ones and put it on..they all looked the same, with no specific markings???

Back