• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ontario 2009 Official TY Ride

Crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Nytro MTX 45th
OK, everything is a go! Dates are Friday Feb 27-Sun Mar 1.

We have access to a garage if needed and I have booked a group of rooms in Sturgeon Fallsat the Comfort Inn. The rooms are booked under 'Totallyamaha' at a $98.99 +tax per night rate with up to four adults, two queen beds, non-smoking.

1-877-753-5665
1-705-753-5665

Rate and rooms(15) are held till Jan 27th

2 stroke thread is HERE
Lets get this thing started with a bang guys!

I booked my room while I was on the phone!

:rocks: :yam:

bumped. i responded on 2 stroke side.

We head up north every year and going back this coming year. We were hoping to join up with the TY group on the snow train in March.
Sturgeon Falls is not far from me. Where do you plan to go on this ride?

Dan

I figured Friday afternoon we could look for some play areas, still looking for a local with some area crown land knowledge. I'll be in the area for an entire week at the beginning of Feb so I should be able to come up with a couple options for Saturday. If we end up with enough guys, we can always have two groups as well. It really depends on how many show and what they want to try.

I guess I should try and find some 3 days for any out of province people.

Being as it's a first official(MrSled told me we need at least 6 members to call it official :tg: ) TY ride for Ontario(excluding the snow train trip), my main focus is to make sure everyone has a good time so that we can build on this for the years to come. You can all see how the Munising and other area rides have grown over the years, I'm hoping we can do the same here, but expect some minor growing pains ;)! . As a last bit of info, the larger the group, the slower the progress along the trail so be aware that this may not be a 'high mileage' weekend, but that's not what it is really about in the end. It's about getting to know the guys whos posts you read everyday and hanging with a bunch of guys that have the same passion for sledding as you do! And it can be an opportunity to learn more about your sled.

Still lots of rooms available for this. According to the email I just got back, mine's the only reservation so far. :bump:

Managed to get 2 weeks off work - the last week of Feb and first week of March. Not sure how it will work out yet, but looks like we’re leaving right from Huntsville heading to northern Ontario (snow permitting). I’ll be ahead of our group by a couple days and will join with them later. I’m shooting for an 800-1000 km day and feel challenged if I can do it. My best is 740ish kms in one day and still had allot of time left.

Will iron out details as the time gets closer.

Dan

bump! it is getting close boys!!

I'm leaning towards running out to Rocky's for lunch on Saturday. The trip around that lake has a decent mix of rail and non-rail trails.

Back