• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float Upgrade to Fox Float 2

from what i have seen, you might as well sell the floats and buy the 2's. the upgrade is not cheap. tom's snowmobile is an advertizer on dootalk (doo shop) they had quoted people about 350.00 for the upgrade and service to shocks from what i gathered. for the extra coin, you might as well sell your floats, and pay the difference for the 2's. that way you get true 2's and new shocks to boot. ski

sounds like a good idea

skidooboy said:
from what i have seen, you might as well sell the floats and buy the 2's. the upgrade is not cheap. tom's snowmobile is an advertizer on dootalk (doo shop) they had quoted people about 350.00 for the upgrade and service to shocks from what i gathered. for the extra coin, you might as well sell your floats, and pay the difference for the 2's. that way you get true 2's and new shocks to boot. ski

What do the floats sell for, I wonder? the $350 would probably be the difference because anyone would want the floats would buy the float 2s any way. the fox factory called me and I'm going to fed ex them tomorrow right to the fox factory for the rebuild. I'ts a total rebuild new aluminum piston in place of the steel one and custom valving for my weight and riding style. the shocks are supposed to improve the initial hit and make the small stuff more tolerable. and in return I can run higher air pressure for the big stuff, so I will be the guinea pig here and send them out. Lars from the fox factory is super cool and very knowledgeable and very helpful! so stay tuned for when they return!!! Bill

Wow, that does sound like a lot of money for what you are getting. To get the shocks revalved not that big a deal - even if you have Fox do them. The air volume change thing, I'm not geting how increased volume/air pressure is going to have anything to do with roll resistance? That seems backwards?

I did my own, installed a dual stage compression stack setup that seems to be working fairly well in the stutters, which is where I was having the most trouble. I installed a set of adjustable volume resi's at the same time though (and I should have known better), not sure which is having the most effect. Running 65 psi with level a-frames. FWIW

ahicks said:
Wow, that does sound like a lot of money for what you are getting. To get the shocks revalved not that big a deal - even if you have Fox do them. The air volume change thing, I'm not geting how increased volume/air pressure is going to have anything to do with roll resistance? That seems backwards?

I did my own, installed a dual stage compression stack setup that seems to be working fairly well in the stutters, which is where I was having the most trouble. I installed a set of adjustable volume resi's at the same time though (and I should have known better), not sure which is having the most effect. Running 65 psi with level a-frames. FWIW

How about some pics of that shock mod.................Bill

I get em back Thursday( if ups comes through)and Friday I will see. according to the fox factory the upgrade turns them into float 2s no difference. we'll see when I take em out this weekend. I will keep you posted. it was $320 plus shipping (they soaked me) ;)!

The upgrade is complete!. My wife called me while I was riding her sled. and said the shocks are back. Too bad I'm four hours away sledding with the guys in speculator and she's home. so next week. I will post the ride results----B ;)!

Attachments

• Fox Float 2.jpg
    Fox Float 2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 102
What kind of wife can't replace the shocks on your sled, load it up and deliver it to where you're riding?

Maybe it's time for another upgrade?

The result are in the fox float 2 upgrade ROCKS!!! awesome totally a whole new ride They are plush in the beginning with better negative pressure. in other words smooth coming into turns and studder bumps are gone! when the big hit come don't worry no wrist jar they just FLOAT and soak up everything. still no clickers . but they deliver the ride I was expecting from Fox! .. want your sled to ride like an se for $300 bucks give it a try!
If you would like to try mine out and you ride in speculator NY. pm me! I give this upgrade ***** five stars! Plush ride without any loss of handling. they firm up when you hit the big hit. I haven't jumped it yet because of the conditions.I am happy :-o ................................Bill

Anyone else do this modification? Looking to either rebuild or do this.

The price was 300 bucks from fox? Doesn't sound too bad.

Thanks

Back