• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

An Unscientific Survey to Record Bent Sub-Frames

Bent Sub-Frames and Other Bits

• '08, Replaced by dealer / Yamaha

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • '08, Replaced by your children's college fund

• '09, Replaced by dealer / Yamaha

• '09, Replaced by your children's college fund

• Total voters

arteeex

TY 4 Stroke Master
To follow-up on many of the other posts and put some numbers to the problem, I thought a poll might be helpful.

And, I know this is a hot topic, but if you comment please keep it civil and productive. If you had success in getting the issue resolved through Yamaha or your dealer, let others know what process worked for you.

Bent frame on my 09, not warrantied...not replacing it unless absolutely necessary. Checked off as replaced by children's college fund.

Bent subframe replaced under warranty through my dealer/Yamaha. Made sure they were well aware since last season by constantly reminding and reporting to them about the always changing spindle angles and ill handling characteristics caused by it. Balljoints were replaced under warranty at the same time, although the tech said they were not far from spec...it took a while, but I'm satisfied for now, unless this 09 subframe does the same :o|

What about

E: Not bent yet, but sure to be bent after reading all the posts on this forum?

Attachments

• a06apex_full.jpg
    a06apex_full.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 66
Some 08's are not bent but were put in a jig wrong or the jig was wrong. That is where mine fits in, no damage just welded wrong............

rrxx-1 said:
Some 08's are not bent but were put in a jig wrong or the jig was wrong. That is where mine fits in, no damage just welded wrong............

what is wrong.....not being a smartazz,....just curious what that looks like...?

no4smoke said:
What about

E: Not bent yet, but sure to be bent after reading all the posts on this forum?

I guess I would have to vote E. I've hit some serious crap off trail and I'. 260lbs and im not nbent yet

gormleyflyer2002 said:
rrxx-1 said:

what is wrong.....not being a smartazz,....just curious what that looks like...?

I did not get to see the clip as they did not have it at the dealership anymore when I went to pick u the sled. As they explained it to me there was no damage at all no flaked paint, nothing, just the left side lower a arm mount was moved back 7/8"..............

my sleds at the dealer with 127 clicks on it and a bent sudframe (first ride on the 09 xtx) so im gona find out in the next cuple days if its warranty or not so i didnt vote yet

I guess I would have to vote E. I've hit some serious crap off trail and I'. 260lbs and im not nbent yet[/quote]

thats what i was saying until two weeks ago,it can happen to you to,just a matter of time.

I've never met a sled I couldn't bend. I haven't heard anything alarming from the Nytro riders I actually know. I've heard lots of stories about bent "nuns" in the REV XPs. SkiDoo has a problem. That DQ'd the new SkiDoos from my list of possibles and cemented the Nytro in the #1 slot.

If you abuse them, they break. Sometimes the abuse is accidental. That's just the way it goes. Nothing on these sleds can't be replaced.

08, bent, not replaceing unless it causes major riding problems. Didn't see an option for "not replacing for whatever reason" or something to that effect, so I didn't vote.

08 Nytro RTX. Twisted suspension in Munising, bent back on the trail to keep shock from rubbing. Sled went to dealer and was checked by Yamaha Rep. and said no damage present so nothing was replaced or repaired. Still stock with warranty remaining.

Back