• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OEM Tunnel Block Off Kit

greg.f

Has anybody seen the tunnel block off kit that Snow Tech magazine indicated would be available from Yamaha for the 07 and 08 Phazers? It was supposed to have a heat shield and tunnel block off plate. I did not see any posts for it.

Just get yourself a piece of aluminum and cover the hole. Did this myself with aftermarket exhaust and havent any problems since.

The Yamaha kit is very nice. Well worth the money. The directions are OK. One of the pieces has the wrong number in the directions. Step #6 tells you to attach Insulator 1, when it should be # 10. It took me a couple of minutes to figure it out. The directions tell you estimated time is 1 hour, but if you work slow, like me, plan on a good 2 hours. I would highly recommend blocking the front hole while you are there. You do not need to take it as far apart as I show in the picture if you are not closing the front hole.

Attachments

• DSCN4116.JPG
    DSCN4116.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN4118.JPG
    DSCN4118.JPG
    358.5 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCN4114.JPG
    DSCN4114.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 418
Nice pics!OEM kit took me over 2 hrs also.Would need a angle drill to do it without taking off subframe.Is quite alot of heat shielding included in kit.I never heard of anyone with a plain sheet and no shielding having a issue but for the price I think its worth it to use OEM kit.My front is closed also so maybe extra heat protection is a good idea.Does add a little more wieght back there though.Need to get rid of stock exhaust again.

The OEM Kit is definitely worth the money. I installed it and it took about 2 hrs as well. Make sure you have a good rivet gun as the rivets that come with it are tough:)

Only thing I didnt like is the block off sheet isnt full width between the corners of existing tunnel.You have to center it and it leaves a 1/4in gap on each side.I agree a AirRivet gun is almost mandatory.

Yammi-Rider,

Here is a copy. The quality of the originals from Yamaha was not too good, so I hope these are OK. Remember step 6 should say install Insulator #10, not #1. Somewhat hard to see in the picture. Let me know if you have any questions. Page 1 does not want to attach. I will try again but if if doesn't work, it is just a parts list, warranty info, and caution info.

Attachments

• File0013.jpg
    File0013.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 502
  • File0014.jpg
    File0014.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 488
  • File0015.jpg
    File0015.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 466
Yammi-Rider,

No problem. Your are very welcome. I think Yamaha'a directions are actually correct. They say install insulator #1 in step six. If I would have looked at the parts list close enough, item #10 is listed as insulator 1. :)

Back