• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Bergstrom Triplepoints VS. Snowtrackers

Witch one are better?

• Bergstrom Triplepoints

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Snowtrackers

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Your only going to get a few people that have run both. I've run both and can tell you there is no comparison. The Snowtrackers are far and away better in darting and steering. I can't tell which will last longer as I got rid of the Bergstroms as they didn't cure the darting and pushed bad in the corners. The Snowtrackers don't dart in anything other than ice and they really rail in the corners with NO push. 1000 Miles on my snowtrackers and they still look new. I got rid of the Bergstroms after 700 miles . The Bergstroms were really a disappointment to me with all the positive feedback on this site. I tried no ski savers, 1/4 and 3/8 ski savers and 1/4 and 1/2 shims behind the rubber with the bergstroms. The more ski saver you ran the worse the push, yet the darting still existed.

kviper turned me on to the Snowtrackers and when first installed they darted with the shims in the rubber yet. Took the shimming out from the rubber and it worked the way it was supposed to. No push and no darting. What will happen when and if everyone runs them I don't know. But I feel as though the Snowtrackers have made riding so much more enjoyable. I spent a fortune on different skis, and carbides over the years. I now have finally found the real deal in the Snowtrackers without the compromise.

Are the Snowtrackers only available for the stock skis? No way I could dump the Slydogs and go back to stock, even if these are the real deal.

Knapp, the snowtrackers look masive...wont they kill your top end???

My TriplePoints came in today so I dont have much of a choice anyways

jwifferdill said:
Are the Snowtrackers only available for the stock skis? No way I could dump the Slydogs and go back to stock, even if these are the real deal.

Looks like only for stock skis. I won't be replacing my Powder Pros w Triple Points anytime soon.

They don't seem to hurt top end. There only 1/4" wide and at full speed, I cant imagine them sinking into the trail to full depth. You would have to do same day, back to back testing to know for sure They make the sled turn without darting is all I care. I got sick of the compromise of either turning or darting. Aftermarket skis are way overrated after using these. I tried a bunch of them. Its all a balancing act with them. You'd sell all your skis after using the Snowtracker. Only reason for different skis would be flotation, that is why I also have the Snowtrackers mounted to a set of 6.9 mountain pilots.

PS:
Your poll is not going to be accurate due to the bias of Bergstrom users here. Only those that have run both carbides know the differences.

Little surprised ;):D

Bergstrom Triples, 3/8" ski savers, 1/4" shims and my Attak completely stopped hunting and railed like the indy cars. Got 3800 miles out of the triples with quite a bit of road riding and low snow conditions. Will be running the same set-up this year but with 3/8" shim.

The snowtrackers look like they they would be good too. Be very interested to hear how you like them at the end of the year. Be even more interested to hear how they held up at the end of the year. Often find myself in low snow conditions and the look they may not tolerate that too long.

Todd

Was considering this myself before going for a set of aftermarket skis. I realize the flotation of the stock ski will still suffer but would be curious to see what a set of these would do!!

I tried Accord double down runners and gained 6 mph! Used to run Woodys dooleys. No darting and no push and no drag! Finally happy!!! I have tried them all. No shimming either!

I don't have either, but SLP makes a product similar tho the Snowtracker that I use on my SLT skis. I was skeptical at first, but very pleasantly surprised by their performance. No darting, very positive steering with little effort. In the past I tried duallies, shaper bars and shimming, but this definitely is the best product I've used. If I were running stock skis, I would definitely give the Snowtrackers a try.

KnappAttack said:
They don't seem to hurt top end. There only 1/4" wide and at full speed, I cant imagine them sinking into the trail to full depth. You would have to do same day, back to back testing to know for sure to see the differences.

But don't you have 5 blades per side (10 in total) hitting the ice and snow??? Sorry never seen them in person, but they look massive

They are two great products :Rockon:

I ride 2 seasons ( 8500 miles) on two sets of Bergstroms and last year season until now ( 6800 miles) on one set of Snowtrackers on my RsVenture 2005.

When I installed the Bergstroms, it was the better runners I had ever try. The control was very good, grip on icy trail corners was perfect but the darting control even with the ski shim wasn't perfect depending the snow condition ie good on hard packed but average in heavy loose snow. I put back my home made corrector (a plate in the front of the ski that "erase" traces) with the Bergstroms and it was a killer set-up. The durability of the carbide outstand all what i had try before so i was very satisfied.

Because many ride partners were running snowtrackers and were satisfied and because it was easier to buy ( Bergstroms are not distribute in Quebec) i give a try on the them. There are two models, the extreme and semi-extreme. I personnaly install the semi- extreme and i attest that this is a very good product. The control is very good, the darting is gone no matter of the snow condition and the grip on icy corner is a little less than a brand new Bergstroms but will stay the same in all the life of the runner because they are self sharpening, one of the best feature of them so they get the advantage again. As for the top end or gaz mileage, the semi extreme is better than the Bergstroms with my corrector, propably the same without corrector. For durability i again give the edge to the Snowtrackers because they still cut when they are 90% worned.

You have to know if you try them that they need different suspention set-up. With the snowtrackers, you will remove alot of pressure on the front and still get good handling. Also, Snowtrackers work best with a ski alignment of 0 toe-out.

So, two good products but on the darting control and the "stay sharp" concern, the Snowtrackers are really betters.

I just bought a new set this week... ;)!

Bye
Alain

Would the snow trackers hold up hitting a rock on a corner or would they bend ??? I ride alot of bush trails to go fishing , I am just wondering how they would hold up ????

Back