• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GPS Mounted on Rage

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
I just finished mounting my Garmin Legend GPS on my Rage. I am pretty happy how it came out. I am using a RAM marine mount and mounted a 12v socket under the hood. The plug on my power cord for my GPS would not stay in place to make contact in the factory accessory plug so I am trying it with one under the hood. I ran the power cord up behind the left head lamp and thru the trim in the left windshield flare. I notched the plastic trim and slipped on a grommet to route the cord. G.B.

Attachments

• P1250339.JPG
    P1250339.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 146
  • P1250340.JPG
    P1250340.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 135
  • P1250338.JPG
    P1250338.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 126

Sweet mounting job! I was thinking of doing the same on my 05 Rage, and actually in the same spot. How is the Garmin hold up to the vibration, and abuse while on the sled? I currently put my in my front pocket while riding, and simply stop at various points to review where I'm going, but I really like this idea.

HeyBrownDog said:
Sweet mounting job! I was thinking of doing the same on my 05 Rage, and actually in the same spot. How is the Garmin hold up to the vibration, and abuse while on the sled? I currently put my in my front pocket while riding, and simply stop at various points to review where I'm going, but I really like this idea.

Thanks Brown Dog!

I cant speak for the durability of this GPS since I have only ridden with it once. The one time I used it the power cord would not stay in the DC outlet enough to maintain contact while moving. I can say that the Legend unit is water proof and supposed to work at -30 F below. A couple friends have been using them for years with good luck. G.B.

I know this is the wrong section but if any guys in this thread have plans for a 3.5 Rox risers I'm selling mine. I used it for one season. Nothings wrong with it and works fine. I just prefer the standard height for my Nytro. I took pictures and will post them in the classified soon. Just a heads up for those reading this thread. New it was $85 I believe and not sure the value now used. Obviously I'm not out to rip anyone off or to cut myself short either.

I like the GPS set up...just wish I had money...hmm what else can I sell this summer so I can get more upgrades for my sled haha :rocks:

Gone Blue, Nice Install! I have the same GPS and an Apex. I think I will follow your lead. Brown Dog I have rode in -10F on AA batteries and it has never let me down.

TWOXQIK said:
Gone Blue, Nice Install! I have the same GPS and an Apex. I think I will follow your lead. Brown Dog I have rode in -10F on AA batteries and it has never let me down.

Have a look here for a good option for the Apex. I think the screen would be too hard to read in on the Dash

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=62598

Back