• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

121" to 136/144 Conversion Kits?

Rich Kay

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex rtx
Thinking of stretching my 07 Apex RTX to one of these lengths and would like to see pictures of your mods and whos kits & parts you may have used & track choices for a flat-lander/boondocker, pros/cons and any issues. Thinking of using Ulmers kit and purchasing a track from someone or TRACKS USA. Need input.

Thanks,
Rich K.

Sled Extension

ZX-2! Same sled/same boat as you are in. I love it. Here are my pics. I went with a Muffinworks tunnel extension. (144") A lot of people rave about the Muffinworks extensions. I had a few isues with mine, but I was told that all of their 121"-144" extensions were done by hand at the time whereas the 121" to 136" were all CNC cut. I had to do a little trimming with a die grinder which wrecked the powdercoating. Overall I am pretty happy with the extension and I love the sled.

Attachments

• DSC01478.JPG
    DSC01478.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,307
  • DSC01482.JPG
    DSC01482.JPG
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,103
  • DSC01484.JPG
    DSC01484.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 616
  • DSC01485.JPG
    DSC01485.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,707
All of our extensions are now laser cut. We are fabricating rail extensions in 136" and 144" ... either straight or with a 6 deg tip up.

See website for details.

bm250r said:
Any idea when they will be done? I am ready to go 136 and would like to pick up your kit for my Apex.

The aluminum for the Apex rail extensions is coming in Monday morning and we will get them machined next week. There was a slight difference between the track adjustment windows between the Nytro and the Apex where our extensions lock into the factory rail. Minor adjustment for the four cylinder sleds and we'll be good to go. :Rockon:

Scott

This is My 06 APEX RTX that I put in 144" using a 136" skid I used Hartmann parts and after having done over 10 sleds his parts were the easy to use and the best looking out there damm GOOD PARTS Give Tom Hartmann a call (208)468-1073. Yes the owner talks to u, now thats what I call damm good help.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

APEX 06 said:
This is My 06 APEX RTX that I put in 144" using a 136" skid I used Hartmann parts and after having done over 10 sleds his parts were the easy to use and the best looking out there damm GOOD PARTS Give Tom Hartmann a call (208)468-1073. Yes the owner talks to u, now thats what I call damm good help.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Couldn't agree with you more. Tom is a great guy to deal with and I, myself have been buying parts from him for almost 10 years. We also use his tunnel extensions with our kits. I just feel that we came up with a better, cleaner design for the rail extensions and that is why we manufacture them that way. My number is on our website too. Feel free to call me anytime. If you get my voicemail, leave me a message and I WILL call you back.

Best regards,

Scott Murray
scmurs

Back