• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOUNTYHUNTERS NEW RIDE

BOUNTYHUNTER

Staff member
Well I'm sorry to see my 08 Apex LTX GT 40th Annv go, but I'm starting to get pumped up about my NEW RIDE.

After careful consideration of color choices and what I want to accomplish with a theme, I'm going back to a reto sled, one Yamaha Built in 1980...One Of My Favorites the "GOLD & BLACK" SRX 440's.

This is going to have a GOLD seat with a White band with Black raised letters. This is going to a all out Gold Metalic base with Gold .015 plastic flake with 20% Silver flake mixed in with it 80/20 mix over the Chasis and all the plastic panels and trim pieces will be the same The hood, tank cover & front end along with a few other things will be Candy Black over a Black metalic base.

Lots of cool little things like CPR Boost & Water/Meth Injection and a few other things I'll save for the build. This will be by far the most complex project I've ever done and should be a stand out when I'm fiinished.

Here is a pic of the 1980 SRX that will be the theme for my new ride which will be a 2007 APEX 136" RTX :-o

Attachments

• 1980 SRX #2.jpg
    1980 SRX #2.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 1980 SRX #1.jpg
    1980 SRX #1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 478

Well...ya got my attention...I always liked the black and gold monster!

Yea I know it does sound kinda iffy about a Gold Seat, as to keeping it clean. The way I drew it up it looks awesome with the White band and raised letters, so I'll do it for now as I can always change it down the road.

That SRX was my 1st new sled back in the day.

If Yamaha does come out with a new Apex, it would be nice the see a great throw back colour/paint sceme like that,,,, It would look awesome.

MAN O MAN finding and matching the Gold that I want has been nothing short of a #$%&*

Looks like I'll have to revamp the ENTIRE Color of the project to Holographic Twilight Black, Chrome & Sun Light Yellow.

It will still look Awesome, but I hated to make the change :flag:

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
MAN O MAN finding and matching the Gold that I want has been nothing short of a #$%&*

Looks like I'll have to revamp the ENTIRE Color of the project to Holographic Twilight Black, Chrome & Sun Light Yellow.

It will still look Awesome, but I hated to make the change :flag:

Can't wait to see this thing!

This looks like it will be a cool build, those old srx's where bad units. I agree, a retro Apex would be cool for shur. Good luck!

Fergdog93

Well the test panels LOOK AWESOME the pictures are a bit tough to make out because they are so Dam Brillant from the outside light of the sun and even when I came inside and tryed to take a picture the flash would drown it out.

The Candy Gold....You can see the camera reflection

The Sun Light Yellow is pretty bright as well.

The Black is very cool as it has a bunch of colors going through it...Blue, Red, Green ...I just can't seem to get a clear pic of it.

Attachments

• Powder Coating Test's Indoors 001.jpg
    Powder Coating Test's Indoors 001.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 445
  • Powder Coating Test's 004.jpg
    Powder Coating Test's 004.jpg
    278.7 KB · Views: 419
  • Powder Coating Test's 007.jpg
    Powder Coating Test's 007.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 392
  • Powder Coating Test's Indoors 002.jpg
    Powder Coating Test's Indoors 002.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 454
  • Powder Coating Test's 001.jpg
    Powder Coating Test's 001.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 436
Try taking it inside and turn the flash off, or maybe hold the camera on more of an angal instead of strait on. That IS a crazy reflection tho. :bling

Well after a lot of grinding, smoothing, beveling, welding, dye penning, x raying, polishing, adding a gusset, sand blasting and stress relieving this header....hopefully it will stand up to No Cracking

Attachments

• Header Repairs.jpg
    Header Repairs.jpg
    520.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Header Repairs (1).jpg
    Header Repairs (1).jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 424

Back