• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha, are they ok????????

Badger

Expert
Looks like yamaha is cutting back on their snowmobile production.
Whats up check this web page.

http://www.portyamaha.com

YAMAHA IS REDUCING SNOWMOBILE PRODUCTION FOR 2010. NEW 2010 VECTOR GT'S, VECTOR LTX GT'S, NYTRO SE'S, AND NYTRO MTX'S WILL BE ALLOCATED AND LIMITED PRODUCTION MODELS. WE ARE NOW TAKING ORDERS ON THIS LIMITED AVAILABILITY MODELS.

What do you think???????

There trying to increase sales and want you to think it's the only way to get a machine with your name on it.

Yamaha will be here for many years to come, you can bank on it. They build the finest machines on the planet! Just wished they'd have released the big dog for 2010.

Part of the reason they are doing this is so they will be around for a long time........there just shifting gears for the current economy.

they can only sell as many as dealers order - local dealers use to order 40 or 50 sleds, now they are ordering 5 to 10 sleds - they can't afford to pay juice on 25 leftover sleds for 12 months any longer - there is no margin to work with.

Much like the spring only order XTX and RTX SE for 09. They are only adding more pressure on the dealers. Exactly what woolyviper said, plus with a so called ltd. build this may entice more dealers to order these with the hopes to sell them if they aren't spring ordered by us who think they may not get a chance to purchase one. Had I waited to get my XTX, instead of spring ordering, I could of saved thousands. Which inturn could've paid for the extras I got and still want. They still would have been better off saying nothing than to publicize this nonsence. Sales pitch or ploy, it's a sign of the times with a failed economy. Bike sales will decline also, every market has and will be affected.

dealers had a chance to order 09 sleds as part of the 2010 order. they were allocated so you might have requested 4 and only got two. never seen the opportunity to order beyond the one date.

KnappAttack said:
There trying to increase sales and want you to think it's the only way to get a machine with your name on it.

Yamaha will be here for many years to come, you can bank on it. They build the finest machines on the planet! Just wished they'd have released the big dog for 2010.

Bingo!

Partly the economy.
Lots of leftovers.
Heavy rebates/discounts on 09s.
Made too many.

Local dealer folded.Lost Yamaha last year and Cat the year before.They
had atv's and boats also.

My 08 Nytro RTX's value while not the greatest,took another
hit when the 09 prices on leftovers were reduced.

Spoke with a Yam/Doo dealer today and he said Yamaha
waited 3 weeks too long to come out with the rebates/discounts.

My 06 Apex GT was "limited" but one sat on a dealers floor for 2 years.

They are trying to clear out all the leftovers, they are not in any trouble they sell to many other things to keep them afloat imo. The models listed are the ones that changed this year,so there will not be 08-09 leftovers of those,so if you want one of the new models order one.

I think if I was going to choose what company would buy out Yamaha, and it was between AC, Polaris, or Doo, I would pick Arctic Cat as my first choice. Thankfully I don't think we ever have to worry about such a thing.

Corins said:
I think if I was going to choose what company would buy out Yamaha, and it was between AC, Polaris, or Doo, I would pick Arctic Cat as my first choice. Thankfully I don't think we ever have to worry about such a thing.
Arctic Crap???? Really??? I ride with a couple Cat riders,and after seeing what I have seen, I could never buy one!! Ski-doo would be my choice!

yamaouch08 said:
Corins said:
Arctic Crap???? Really??? I ride with a couple Cat riders,and after seeing what I have seen, I could never buy one!! Ski-doo would be my choice!

amen. I was a big cat rider in 80-90's what a dumb a$$ I was. I will never do that again :die

Back