• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

136 Inch Phazer Extension Installed

woolyviper

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Phazer RTX
I finished installing my new 136 inch Freeride and the TracksUSA extension. I put Polaris 5.35 wheels in the front of the skid to replace the stock wheels. This required taking .120 inches off each end of the lower shock bracket. I also put a set of stock yamaha bogie wheels in the rear. I was going to drill holes and mount on a cross shaft, but by taking the bolt out of rear bracket, I was able to put the long bolt from the front bogie wheels and the mount with the spring perch in the same hole - it actually only took about 30 minutes to install the wheels. Here are a few pics - I sure wish it was the beginning of the season. I also installed Simmons Gen I skis as well (off of ebay).

Attachments

• 136 phazer skid.jpg
    136 phazer skid.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 136 phazer rear wheels.jpg
    136 phazer rear wheels.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 136 phazer rear wheels 1.jpg
    136 phazer rear wheels 1.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 253
  • S5001103.JPG
    S5001103.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 187

Cool!You said you had to take .120 off shock bracket for Polaris wheels.Is this because they are wider?The ID is right though?

polaris has 6205 bearings that are 15mm wide. yamaha has 6005 bearings which are 12mm wide - so you have to take the 3mm off each end of the bracket - both are 25mm id.

and after all that, i forgot to put my RX-1 spring on the front shock - oh well, when I take it apart middle of next season, I'll do it then.

Once i finish the extension i'll post that too - top secret what it's going to look like tho.

woolyviper said:
Once i finish the extension i'll post that too - top secret what it's going to look like tho.

What are you going to do for an extension? You are not going to give us a teaser. G.B.

I purchased a Yamaha aftermarket bumper that had the flap mount broke off. I cut the top hoop off of a stock bumper and mounted that to the aftermarket bumper. It's almost done (having trouble with my new air rivetor). Will post when it's done.

here's my tunnel extension - it's mounted on my wrecked machine for the fab up.

Attachments

• extension left.jpg
    extension left.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 189
  • extension rear.jpg
    extension rear.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 204
  • extension right.jpg
    extension right.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 182
nice work woolyviper,what was the total cost of the track conversion? i am thinking about a new track anyway so i may extend it? thanks

$565 track and extension
$40 in wheels
$25 hyfax
$60 in the tunnel ext.

$0 in labor

Back