• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

how to clear codes on attak

Hey, you have to get into the diagnostics in the screen and clear them. Here's how,
- push and hold the reset and select button in with the key off
- turn key on while still holding buttons in.
- hold for approx. eight seconds and the word "diag" should appear
- push and hold the reset and select button again for two more seconds until the "01" appears
- use the select and reset button to go through the numbers till you reach the number 61 and 62
- 61 shows which code you have and 62 shows # of codes in the system
- go to number 62 and press the hand warmer switch up or down to erase the codes.
- turn off key to reset gauge

I was wondering if you ever had the codes no able to clear and err 1 show up?

I have an 05 Rs Vector . I'm getting a flashing yellow light plus an 84 on the speedo screen. Is that an error code. and how do I fix it

Hey, you have to get into the diagnostics in the screen and clear them. Here's how,
- push and hold the reset and select button again for two more seconds until the "01" appears
- use the select and reset button to go through the numbers till you reach the number 61 and 62
- go to number 62 and press the hand warmer switch up or down to erase the codes.

I tried this and saw someone else suggest that there is a 64 that it needs to be on to reset them, but on 62 nothing happens, and I don't have a 64. 2012 apex genesis motor. Any more tricks? I tested the handwarmer switch and it seems to be good according to the test meter.

I am having a similar problem - unable to clear old codes on 2011 Apex engine while trying to run down a serious issue.

Also, if anyone can please update the error codes lists available on TY4 for Apex that would really be helpful. I have something I am using culled together from several lists. I have a customer who was flying for a combined total of 7 hours when suddenly the engine went into limp mode while he was cruising along at 8000 RPM. He got ready to land in a field, and the power came back on again. It only happened this one time, but I need to figure this out. Of course I am checking out the regular list of suspects - connections, etc - but when I am trying to see everything that can cause limp mode it is hard to do so since it isn't all in one, neat list.

Example: Code 65 is knock sensor, but it is not on the list in the Apex FAQ section.

The following is what I am working from today. As you can see it does not list anything that will cause the engine to throttle back to limp mode 3000 RPM max.

11 Cylinder identification sensor - Continues to operate

12 Crankshaft position sensor - Stops the engine (by stopping the injection and ignition)

13 Intake Pressure Sensor (Phazer)

14 Intake air pressure sensor - Continues to operate

16 Throttle position sensor - Continues to operate

20 Intake air pressure - Continues to operate

21 Coolant temperature sensor - Continues to operate

22 Intake temperature sensor - Continues to operate

23 Atmospheric pressure sensor - Continues to operate

30 Oil pressure dropped - Engine stops

36 Faulty ignition - Continues to operate

42 Speed sensor - Continues to operate

43 Fuel system voltage - Continues to operate

44 Error in writing the amount of CO adjustment on the EEPROM - Continues to operate

46 Vehicle system power supply - Continues to operate

50 ECU internal malfunction – Unable

65 Knock Sensor - retards timing to protect engine from spark knocking.

67 Oil Pressure (Phazer)

80 Grip warmer switch - Continues to operate

81 Grip warmer Grip - Continues to operate

82 Thumb warmer switch - Continues to operate

83 Thumb warmer - Continues to operate

84 T.O.R.S. Detecting conditions for T.O.R.S. are satisfied n/a Able Unable

85 Oil pressure switch - Continues to operate

Thanks!

I did this but when I push hot grip warmer up or down nothing happens. On 61 it shows 00 and on 62 it shows 1 but when try up or down on warmer switch nothing happens. I turn off key switch and back on it is show code 20 still ?

I now know I can’t clear it because I have a MPI supercharged 2011 Apex with a GEMS controller. There is no power to GEMS controller in diagnostic mode. Earlier models had the ability to disconnect controller and clear code and hook back up and were good to go but not so on 2011. It’s wired directly into OEM connectors instead of a piggyback T harness. I have no idea what to do now.

Back