• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fergdog93's 08' Nytro summer build project

fergdog93

Expert
Hello everyone, I've never made a post for a build project before, nore have I built a sled from the ground up. I have built MX quads for 10 years. So, here we go.....enjoy!

After about 2 1/2 hours of teardown, this is what I have.
Nytroteardown2.jpg

Nytroteardown1.jpg

MODS:
1. custom RAGE exshaust
2. 144 studs DTC
3. Curve SX skis-white w/ blue loops
4. 08' upper balljoint mod
5. painting all body pannels white w/ blue and white decal kit
6. painting windshield blue with blue and white handguards
7. pc front sub, a-arms and tunnel blue
8. pc spindels, footholds, front & rear bumpers, tunnel stiffeners, and rear skid rails neon yellow
9. pc rear susp comp white
10. 4th wheel kit
11. TAG T2 CR II HI bars
12. custom seat cover
13. white, or blue snoflap

whish me luck!!! :Rockon:

Holy smokes!!!! Now thats a strip down Nytro.....big time. There is no way in hell I would ever strip down my Nytro that far. I'd never get it back the same way.

Sounds like it's gonna be a sweet looking sled.....good luck

Thanks, I still have alot to strip yet, The motor and rear suspension are next. This sled is an electrical nightmare, and the plastic pushpins suck. I broke 7 or 8 of them already. The reusesable zipties are cool, but I think there are 70 of them! :die

arteeex said:
So...you drank all that beer in 2 1/2 hours?

No, no, I would most likely be on the floor next to the sled if I did that! I knew I should've cleaned those up, as I look at the background in pictures also. Figuers someone would call me out on them. LOL!

hope it looks good. need to change that signature you douche. you dont have the phazer or mx 450r anymore.. lol

Thanks Sean, I'll be contacting you guys soon for a set of skis :Rockon:

Ok, I haven't had a pile of time to work on the sled the last couple of days, but I got the motor out last night and started on the chain case. the motor was cake work, however the chain case gave me minor issues. Maybe because I was stupid tired and had the case engaged in reverse, so the shift forks where engaged in the drum....I know, I'm a jackass. Pluse I pulled the secondary jackshaft out before the chain case which allowed the upper gears to slip out of place and my machine washers (spacers) got mixed up! :o| I guess its time the blow the dust off the service manuel ;)!
motorout1.jpg

Hear is the balls of the beast, on the floor.
motorout2.jpg

fergdog93 said:
... I guess its time the blow the dust off the service manuel ;)!...

When in doubt pull the manual out of the garbage! :tg:

Ok boys, one last step berfore the tunnel is ready for powder, I got my hands on a "BIG DADDY" rivet gun, so I'm gonna remove the bulkheads around the motor. This way I don't have to worry about hogging powder out of every hole and bearing pocket, and the rather large area where the chaincase is located.
I got the rest of the chaincase out without any issues, (good ol' service manuel to the rescue) and pulled the rear skid, and drivers. everything is doo doo brown.
I've only had 2 small issues with allen head bolts, one was on the right hand side foothold, I stipped the hex hole! :o|
and the second problem I have is I can't seem to get the headder allens out. These are located under the tank on top of the tunnel. Any advise on these would be great if anyone knows any tricks ;)!
laststepnytro1.jpg

laststepnytro2.jpg

The skid. I'll be peeling this apart this weekend and getting it ready to be powdered neon yellow
skid.jpg

This dirty track has to get clean and gets 144 studs, just have to figure out what color backers
dirtytrack.jpg

This looks like a pile-o-Nytro...or a pile of work ;)!
lot-o-parts.jpg

Bag it and tag it
justteabagit.jpg

These are the headder bolts I'm having problems with, they are super tight, must be due to the heat? I'm eathier going to strip the allen heads, or bend/break my wrench. HELP!!!! :o|
promblembolts.jpg

I tried my 3/8 cordless impact already and didn't work. Might have to run over to my dad's with it and use his air impact, as I don't have my air hooked up yet.

I'm pumped and everthing is falling together perfectly. I talked to a buddy of mine who owes me a favor, and he agreed to pay for all my powder for this build! :Rockon:
I also called up another good friend of mine about a custom seat cover when the time comes, and he shot me to a shop down the road from him who does awsome work, I talked to the owner Steve and he quoted me $45-$65 for a complete custom gripper cover, blue and white, with my name and my Yamaha dealers name embroiderd in the seat. (I've known my dealer from when I was in high school, and before he even opend his dealership, he gives me sweet deals.)

So far, so good. Should be able to get the ball rolling on powder by next weekend. All parts should be done within 2-3 weeks and its time to put this puzzle back together.

Back