• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

G-Force 1 Yamaha Sets World Record on the Salt

Website
snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca
It's official the G Force 1 streamliner sled has established the world record at 202 mph on the salt. The boys experienced some mechanical issues, losing their direct drive system during a trail run. The record was set using a stock Yamaha drive belt and secondary (with calibration).
:4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

Congratulations to Gilles and his team
cr

202..... WOW!!!!!!! I wonder how many RPM's the belt and clutches were turning?

Congrats to the whole G-Force team. Way to go!

202 is fast!

What was the previous record, or is this all new?

I was right there, seen them, will sort pictures and videos and try to make up something for you internet peoples :)

Thanks Guys,

It was a pleasure to be part of the G-Force Team.

I just got home from Bonneville. I'll start down loading my photos and provide some additional information.

My jobs were:

* To get the environmental information from the airport.

* Convert this information from U.S. to Metrics in order to verify the computer and sled sensor readings.

* Monitor the high and low wind cycles.

* Translate FIM rules and maintain liason with the safety stewards, and FIM officials.

* Create a multi-run strategy.

* Keep all informed of pit and maintenance times in order to have enough time remaining to make the next pass within the two hour time limit.

* Transport the start crew, pilot, and sled to the starting line.

The G-Force sled only needed 1.25 miles to get up to speed without creating excessive clutch heat and over-stress the dynamic components.

Under FIM rules, consecutive runs need to be made in opposite directions within two hours. Three runs were made last Wednesday. The first was not accepted at 193. The second run was made at 198 mph, which made this run the "qualifier" for the third run.

The third run was 209.126 MPH, for a two run flying mile average of 202.907 Mph or 326.547 Kmph.

The flying Kilometer was 203.666 or 327.769 Kmph.

The exit speed from the mile was 210.8, which was faster than the run at Val'Dor last September which was 210.3 mph.

Just beyond the mile the GPS top speed was 211.8 mph.

Gilles and the team over came much adversity. The salt god's were not kind a week ago Monday.

Gille's dream of establishing a category for snowmobiles to run at Bonneville and also run over 200 mph has been met.

Much was learned. Bottom line: Salt has much less grip than asphalt. On this medium and in this scenario, the machine was tuned to exceed it's previous performance.

It was very cool to be part of history being made. ;)!

Back