• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Warrior fire / rectifier burnt

alfxc08

I started my sled today to load onto the trailer and as it was idling, smoke started puffing out of the hood. After I shut it down and opened the hood I found the component burning was the rectifier up in the nose of the sled. Also, I found that the main fuse was popped. The unit and the wiring are pretty burnt up, and I'm still working my way through it with the meter trying to find out if the rectifier was the problem or if something else is causing it. Anyone have this problem before or have any info that would help? I just dont want to put a brand new $150 rectifier in and burn it up right away.

heres some pics

Attachments

• DSC04464a.JPG
    DSC04464a.JPG
    262.6 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC04466a.JPG
    DSC04466a.JPG
    531.8 KB · Views: 123
looks like you had a wire chafed on the frame and created a short that led to that.

There might be a few members here that might have some parts kicking around that could help you out.

I know it will be hard to do but check the rest of the wiring back to see if it did I had a wire chafe and made a dead short but didnt have the results you did.

i had the same thing happen last fall i was installing my track and had the back of my sled hanging and started to smell a fire there was flames coming out from the same area i bought a new part on e bay and used harness for 80 bucks all good now but scary .what if it was in my garage and no one was home it could have been bad !!! :o|

Back