• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Comparing '06 MONO Skid to 2010 MONO skid--Fixes!

ROCKERDAN

OCD Sledhead
Country
Other
Snowmobile
'18 RTX 50th "Winder"
Yanked my 06 mono skid out yesterday to find lots of probs...need a track as i lost about every clip last time out... but now looks like i need some welding too,front arm has a crack so it will get sent out to Brian,the shock eye has lots of wear from track and track has chunks out of it from shock eye...also just about every wheel needs new bearings or wheels altogether. I got to looking at some of the '06 and 2010 parts fiche online....

it looks like finally after 4 model years yammie finally fixed most if not all of our MONO skid issues....

'06 mono skid as most of us know here had many issues

-narrow idler wheels junk
-single bolt idler wheel brackets flexing even cracking some rails
-cracking front W arm needs gusseting
-shock EYE rubbing on track
-track clips not staying on too long

My Cures for above issues:
Many of us replaced wheels with DOO,POO or spoked PPD wheels with much success,i took things the extra step and added DOO two bolt MOUNTS and larger 135mm idlers(rear inners) which stopped any flex/bend in rails and helped stop the idler "scrub" and allow wheels to last longer. Cracked arms just send them to Brian Welter(welteracer) for his BEEF UP kit with Powdercoating. Many of us added Ulmers shock anti rub kit to stop the shock eye from rubbing the track,if you run studs i think the best route for the shock rub is to get the 09 rear arm with loops. Adding 135mm idlers from DOO(needs 2 bolts mount) helps alot with slide wear and heat,which in turn helps keep track clips on longer IMO.

So ive been looking at the 2010 Microfiche and its nice to finally see after all our testing and fixing these issues,they finally addressed them.

2010 Mono skid updates:

-Spoked idler wheels,replacable bearings(still 130mm)
-Two bolt idler wheel Mounts(finally!)
-gusseted front W arm(about time!)
-Rear Arm has round "LOOPS" welded on to stop track rub on shock(its a miracle!)
-new front rail Caps(nice work!)

after cross referencing many parts VS my 06.....i am considering buying the REAR ARM for a 09 which has the welded "LOOPS" to stop the track/shock eye wear and tear....i like to run studs and my anti rub kit bearing blew apart in 50 miles from the stud heads rattling,so i think the new rear arm with loops is the way to go here.(2010 rear arm i dont think will fit older MONO skid)

I still think Yammie needs to go with 135mm wheels for less slide wear and heat,but now at least with 2010 MONO 2 skid having the 2 bolt mounts,you should be able to simply add 135mm wheels and feel safe that the rails wont bend/crack(may still need longer bolts due to 6205 15mm wide bearings in most 135mm wheels)

so it only took them 4 years(not sure why since we all fixed our skids within one season) to fix the mono skid...LOL....and apparently yammie actually has a new thing called warm handlebars!...lol....we will see about that!.... I wonder if there is someone new over in the engineering dept at yammie that got a computer and found us here @TY.com and stole all our ideas!....geees!.....its about time!

Dan

Its a beautiful thing. Now all we have to do is upgrade to 2010...
I have been through most of these issues in the past couple of years. It never fails, I have to add clips every year...
KI

Did you see the new gusett kit from Halfbaked on this site? It looks pretty stought. Thinking of getting it done on mine.

Here are pics of the new MONO 2 needle bearing mount, I don't think you can upgrade, its a different rail and mount...

Attachments

• CIMG0013.JPG
    CIMG0013.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 139
sheetwright said:
Did you see the new gusett kit from Halfbaked on this site? It looks pretty stought. Thinking of getting it done on mine.

Yes....i mentioned above that i will be sending my front W arm to Brian for the gussetting he does with his BEEF UP kit.

should be a great fix!

Dan

darv said:
does anybody know if we can update the old mons with the new parts i was thinking about the bearings

As i mentioned above,the REAR arm i will be updating with a 09 rear arm since it has the LOOP welded on to stop the shock eye rubbing on track.

If anyone has a picture of a 09 rear arm id love to see it,as ive only seen it on the microfiche.

the 2010 rear arm should fit as all the alum axle parts are same as my 06 but i noticed there is a diff part number for where the control rod mount hooks up,so i think ill go with a 09 part which has same control rod sleeve.

the FRONT W arm will not retrofit from what i see.

Dan

apltx08 said:
Here are pics of the new MONO 2 needle bearing mount, I don't think you can upgrade, its a different rail and mount...

anychance you got a picture of the rear arm where they have the welded loop near shock eye?

the new skid looks good....finally some 2 bolt mounts!....i think they should have put those inner wheels on so the spokes face outward to match the front wheels,would look hellova lot better.

ill take some at the sled show this weekend in toronto.

Dan

Dan, I don't see the upgraded arm in the fiche.
I only see it in what appears to be the long track mono skid.

ok, is it arm from 2009 # 8FU-47332-12-00 , and from 06 model is 8FU-47332-10-00.

I see what appears to be a tube or something welded on the 09 arm. Is this what you are talking about?

87gtNOS said:
ok, is it arm from 2009 # 8FU-47332-12-00 , and from 06 model is 8FU-47332-10-00.

I see what appears to be a tube or something welded on the 09 arm. Is this what you are talking about?

Hey Jonathon...

yep...i was told about this and then saw it on fiche,it looks to help the shock eye rub...i am going to check out an 09 on the floor here tomorrow at weavers locally...

i was going to buy the new arm,but i think the proper pricing is 225 which is well over what port yammie shows.....so im thinking of measuring up the LOOP and having my rear arm welded to match it with a tube....i was sending my arms out anyway to Brian for the beefup kit since i have some cracks...

Ill take some pics for sure of whatever i do....

I also think im going to all billet wheels,as im sick of rubber coming off.....ill keep plastic on inner wheels only

Dan

Yeah, you know, I am gonna weld something on mine instead....

OK i stopped over to dealer,and saw a 09 mono skid with the welded on LOOP which is in the above FICHE image...

I measured the welded on ROUND STOCK, it looks to be about 2" long by 1-1/8" tall.....it is slightly oval in shape so my guess is they took 1-1/4" round tube and crushed it slightly(in a vice would be easy) to make it 1-1/8 tall,and then welded it on....

here are some pics...

Dan

Back