• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

XTX ice Scratchers?

billy2guns

Veteran
I am putting a set of RSI scratchers on my XTX. Has anyone done this yet? I was wondering f someone had some pics. I am not to keen on drilling holes into my rails and was wondering if there was another option.

Thanks. :rocks:

Was thinking of trying this...

Attachments

• SkiMounted scratchers.jpg
    SkiMounted scratchers.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,618
the above pic is a nice idea...but will suck if you forget to put up and back up!

sheetwright said:
sj said:
the above pic is a nice idea...but will suck if you forget to put up and back up!

What about the reversable style SJ??

whats the cable ones...those with the carbide tip are the ticket..

yeah those would be nice there too....but I have a concern of it grabbing something....like a rail switch....twisting the sled violently...where the rear mount would act more like a brake...

I noticed that sled built by grip and rip for the cains quest race mounted them on the skis though....no more melted hyfax!

I also put the kimpex tunnel mount on xtx, i redrilled the mounting hole to reduce the tension of spring ,they worked great, only put about 60 miles on them and then the snow got soft, but they worked super

I took off my scratchers after I put on my Dupont Hyfax. The scratchers were a pain in the arse! Just my 2 cents!

yes it fills up the suspension and throws it to the front , i have run them on hard as rock trails and worked good to see full effect ride thru some mud or sand and see how it fills up on top of the snow , just atest not recommended , so pick them up if you have to ride down a muddy trail.

I've got scratchers mounted to the bottom of the footwells. Little bit of the PITA after you run them over... :eek: I need to bend them back for next year.

Like mentioned above it can suck to put them back up or pull them down if the holders are iced up. I might change my holders for next year but I carry an ice mallet anyway, it fits in well with the tow rope for my buddies sleds :-o

Back