• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex seat installed/cut tank

mbarclay

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
i got up the nerve to try and cut my tank cover tonight lol and it turned out pretty damn good i think i probly could have cut it a little more to get the seat to fit a little tighter but im happy with it. im still waiting for the apex tail light, exhaust covers and end caps to come in and im probly not really going to do anything else to it. kinda just bought this for this year so i dont want to pur to much money into it. im planning on getting a 2007 apex rtx or a fx nytro for next year.

what do ya think(the seat is just sitting there right now not bolted down)
390-2.jpg

392-1.jpg

391-2.jpg

393.jpg

394.jpg

395.jpg

398.jpg

399.jpg

400.jpg

yeah me either it feel awsome just sitting on it and the bar risers i put on makes the bars feel great especially standing up cant wait for snow now

Looks good. ;)!

I think if you where to cut more off the tank cover the seat will actually fit looser. The biggest thing is if you are happy with the fit, leave it alone and just ride it. I did the same mod to my RS Rage this summer. Cant believe how different the sled feels just sitting on it in the garage. Wish I could add an Apex tail lamp too, but the exhaust tips are different enough from a RS that the tail lamp and exhaust covers wont fit. G.B.

NICE JOB LOOKS MINT!! I THINK THE CUT LOOKS GOOD ANY MORE AND YOU MAY HAVE A GAP! WHERE DID YOU GET THE PARTS! HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU! THANKS

Gone Blue said:
Looks good. ;)!

I think if you where to cut more off the tank cover the seat will actually fit looser. The biggest thing is if you are happy with the fit, leave it alone and just ride it. I did the same mod to my RS Rage this summer. Cant believe how different the sled feels just sitting on it in the garage. Wish I could add an Apex tail lamp too, but the exhaust tips are different enough from a RS that the tail lamp and exhaust covers wont fit. G.B.

yeah if i had cut a little more off the tank it would probly fit perfect but to me its not worth cutting again it seems fine the way it is i might change my mind and decide to cut it again but as of now i think it looks fine and very glad i decided to do it way way better than b4

jdp1under said:
NICE JOB LOOKS MINT!! I THINK THE CUT LOOKS GOOD ANY MORE AND YOU MAY HAVE A GAP! WHERE DID YOU GET THE PARTS! HOW MUCH DID IT COST YOU! THANKS

i got all the parts on here except for the exhaust covers.

the seat was $174 shipped
rear plastic(around tail light) $79
apex tail light $69
apex exhaust covers/end caps $120

so for around $450 i have an apex rear end lol not bad i was thinking of just buying a brand new apex seat for $600 before i found this great site

mbarclay said:
Gone Blue said:
Looks good. ;)!

yeah if i had cut a little more off the tank it would probly fit perfect but to me its not worth cutting again it seems fine the way it is i might change my mind and decide to cut it again but as of now i think it looks fine and very glad i decided to do it way way better than b4

I cut my tank cover 3 times fine tuning the fit. After my orignal cut there was still too much stress on the cover snap tabs that engage the black side shrouds. Since we had to hand cut a compound curve, the interferance between the cover and the seat is different on each of our sleds. So you just have to cut it till you think it looks right.

The Warrior look sweet! Enjoy. G.B.

It took me a bit with trimming but it came out perfect, as for the bare edge i was going to leave it the way it was but i was afriad of ripping my new seat so i went to a local auto parts store and found the perfect trim to cover the edge and man does it ever look good.

Just FYI, I did the same mods to my 05 warrior. Got it all put together except the end caps for exhaust and found the bolts for the caps do not line up at all with the stock RX exhaust. I either had to buy an Apex exhaust or cut off the flanges on the exhasut and modify them to work for the bolt pattern of the Apex caps. After grinding the welds off each flange and making my own and welding them on it worked.........Anyone else have the same problem?

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 264
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 256
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 261
Anyone wanting to do this, you dont have to use the apex light and exhaust covers in the rear.... they will work with the rx/rs taillight and such....

Attachments

• vytro 004.jpg
    vytro 004.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 277
  • vytro 005.jpg
    vytro 005.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 254
WHAT ARE THESE CONVERSIONS COSTING YOU GUYS AND WHERE ARE YOU GETTING THE PARTS.... THANKS

megasunomi said:
Just FYI, I did the same mods to my 05 warrior. Got it all put together except the end caps for exhaust and found the bolts for the caps do not line up at all with the stock RX exhaust. I either had to buy an Apex exhaust or cut off the flanges on the exhasut and modify them to work for the bolt pattern of the Apex caps. After grinding the welds off each flange and making my own and welding them on it worked.........Anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah I went through it twice and am doing another right now. You can't use an Apex exhaust because it is shorter due to the change in the header tubes unless you lengthen the pipes.

megasunomi said:

damn i didnt know that they wouldnt just bolt on....do you have any pics or a better explaination of what i'll have to do to get the end caps to work?

and what snowflap do you have on your sled? looks sweet.

Back