• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

GROUND WIRE SERVICE RECALL ? 07-09

uncle buck

ANYONE HEARD OF THIS ? i just dropped my 07 gt service said it's the ground wire for the main harness it corrieds this is a factory recall/update done for free i'll post more after i pick sled up

Just broughy mine in today, service manager said they just got a new recall today. He said some type of wiring. This could be what you mentioned They are doing 4 updates on my sled.

Can anybody check and confirm this one? Which models? And if a copy of it can be posted would also be nice ;)! I have my Venture MP in the shop right now.

Yep, just bought my 09' MTX yesterday and as I was loading it up they informed me off an wiring update that just came in, said it would be a few days before the parts come in.

The more info the better !!! I know my fuel pump would not cycle last year for a bit. With a screw driver I just taped the wiring harness which runs up behind the rad and it eventually kicked in !!!

Its a technical bulletin.That means it doesnt get fixed unless you have a issue.Mostly failure to start.Is a plug and wires going to it that can show signs of overheating and that causes no start.Fix is a subharness that routes some of these wires directly to the battery - terminal.So if yours has more than just the big negative wire at battery you probably have the update.If wiring or yellow plug shows signs of overheating you need update in my opinion BEFORE it doesnt start.Why would some do it and some not?Probably using Dielectric grease in all connectors would prevent corrosion and maybe prevent the wiring from being overloaded.My sled does not have this connector at all.Updated 07 harness for fan.

Attachments

• Connector.jpg
    Connector.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 1,044
Thanks for the pic Cannondale. You gotta wonder about all these updates and recalls. I recieved a letter this fall about a recall on the foam in the air box and the rivets that hold down the screen. Just wondering if this is a old recall or a new one? I have had all the others done.

cannondale27 said:
Its a technical bulletin.That means it doesnt get fixed unless you have a issue.Mostly failure to start.Is a plug and wires going to it that can show signs of overheating and that causes no start.Fix is a subharness that routes some of these wires directly to the battery - terminal.So if yours has more than just the big negative wire at battery you probably have the update.If wiring or yellow plug shows signs of overheating you need update in my opinion BEFORE it doesnt start.Why would some do it and some not?Probably using Dielectric grease in all connectors would prevent corrosion and maybe prevent the wiring from being overloaded.My sled does not have this connector at all.Updated 07 harness for fan.

Hey,
Thanks cannondale27
That is some good info. I will have to go check to see if I have the recall or not.

No problem.You all need to understand that many changes are being made all the time to our sleds even during production so they just dont do blanket recalls on them all.My advice is instead of getting all worked up over every bulletin like I do myself is to research it and actually look to see if you have the issue before even bothering dealer with it.Honestly you only have so many points with your dealer and when you use them up its not a good thing and can take many years to reestablish a good relationship again.I have been there and it is definitly not worth crying wolf over nothing.Information is key.Your dealers loyalty is worth more than your sled itself.

prozac500 said:
Hey,
Thanks cannondale27
That is some good info. I will have to go check to see if I have the recall or not.

You quite understandably misunderstood.It is not a recall.It is a Bulletin so dont bother your dealer unless you see this plug or wires melted or evidence of heat.Wouldnt be a bad idea to go through and clean and dielectric grease all connectors in harness and battery to prevent this issue from happening also.

towerrigger said:
Thanks for the pic Cannondale. You gotta wonder about all these updates and recalls. I recieved a letter this fall about a recall on the foam in the air box and the rivets that hold down the screen. Just wondering if this is a old recall or a new one? I have had all the others done.

That is a old one.Part of the steering update where panels and plugs were added to keep ice off of your steering linkage.Like I have said before Yamaha has really made hundreds of changes from 07 to present on our Phazers.That is a good thing since obviously we all liked our sleds when we bought them before changes and once warranty is out there really is no obligation on there part yet they still make improvements even to the 07's.That has got to be tough to justify to the bean counters.To me it shows pride in workmanship which is worth way more than $.

cannondale27 said:
My sled does not have this connector at all.Updated 07 harness for fan.

Cannondale, are you saying that if the fan update has been done, then the updated harness eliminates this problem connector?

I have the fan update, and (I will have to double check) I don't think I have this yellow connector.

Thanks,

Rick

Back