• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector ltx gt first ride.

studdog

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Might be my best Yamy yet. 137 miles nicest handling out of the box. Very little ski lift. I notice limiter seems tighter than previous sleds. Steering a liittle stiff but new Curve skis I need to get adjusted. Nice easy trottle pull and plenty of power in mid range. Track and Mono II suspension might be best to date too early to tell. Studdog

Studdog How much wear on your slides? I only got 100 miles out of mine. 2010 vector gt Track way too tight.

markshop1 said:
Studdog How much wear on your slides? I only got 100 miles out of mine. 2010 vector gt Track way too tight.

OUCH!!! whats way to tight? you can run your track looser then previous models cuz of EXTRAVERTS on '10 now...what are specs calling for.

It was at dealer specs. I think specs are 22lbs of weight with little more than 1 inch of sag. Now i have about 1 inch of sag with no weight. It seems to be better but not good for the good snow conditions i was in.

The track tension specifaction from my 2010 Vector LTX GT manual is 30-35 MM 1.18-1.38 inches at 22 pounds.
This is the same specifaction as my 2006 Venture.
Are any others with 2010 machines and fully clipped tracks seeing hyfax wear problems?

I took mine out last night and put on 85 miles. It handled great and was a far better ride than the Apex. It was less effort and a smoother ride. It still had a lot of get up and go in the throttle. It sounds just like the apex. I am happy with the trade. I even switched and rode the 2009 RS Vector that I bought the wife and I like riding that sled. Overall if speed is not your main goal on the trail I would recommend the vector class to a person who wants to do a lot of trail riding and not get beat up on the sled.

Loosen the track until it ratchets on hard acceleration, then tighten from there. Yami tracks are WAY TOO TIGHT at the factory spec!!!!

Back