• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help, Inside ski lift (a lot)

ryax85

I installed some extreme snowtrackers on the stock skis, they handle great, but now im getting a lot of inside ski lift around turns.

Any suggestions of what PSI I should set the front Fox Floats?

pump the shocks up, you want to see inside lifttry the 07gt its the king at weak shocks, you just have to compensate by hanging off the other side .

Yup.Go in hard, brake to corner speed,enter corner, steady throttle around corner and come out hard hanging out your body all the while.If done right you will leave that corner as fast or faster than most other sleds just doing it different.FUN!

I wonder whats different?Setup and mods help alot but its still there in comparison to many other sleds.

cannondale27 said:
Yup.Go in hard, brake to corner speed,enter corner, steady throttle around corner and come out hard hanging out your body all the while.If done right you will leave that corner as fast or faster than most other sleds just doing it different.FUN!

Only mod to this statement is hold the brake even as you get into the throttle. It reengages the clutch and launches you like a rocket ship. Then all you have to do is stand and pull back on it like a dirt bike and shift your weight. Fun fun

cannondale27 said:
I wonder whats different?Setup and mods help alot but its still there in comparison to many other sleds.
not 100% sure, but it looks like the 09 has more camber and caster than the 07 had - also has the fox floats, but the inside ski lift is absent unless you enter at odd angles or have to break mid turn. I don't miss it a bit.

i run 85 in mine, but also have the float 2 update kit instaled in them so that you can run a higher psi and not have the super stiff feeling as it goes threw the travel.

barnstormer said:
cannondale27 said:

Only mod to this statement is hold the brake even as you get into the throttle. It reengages the clutch and launches you like a rocket ship. Then all you have to do is stand and pull back on it like a dirt bike and shift your weight. Fun fun
barnstormer???? kingsburry? im from salem

Single biggest help in handling I did was moving all the spindle spacers to the outside.Second was putting the Pilot skiis on(but they do push in powder)
Third was the balljoint mod and fourth but might be moved way up list was all the suspension adjustments including limiter strap in 2nd hole,Backing off shock springs just till they hold spring tight and of course clicker adjustments with rebound being big difference.

learn how ur sled responds to differnt situations and use the ski lift to ur advantage. thats what i do. corners are usaly whooped out realy bad around here. so i rail the outside wher its smooth and use the inside ski lift to keep the inside ski off the ground and missing the bumps. also good for dodgeing rocks and water bars.

but the sled takes alot of rider input. its the old sit down, point and shoot style sled. i run my shocks at about 85 psi to take out alot of the lift. but i also put the FLOAT 2 kits in my floats so it alows u to run higher intital pressuer without having the shock ramp up the spring rate so fast that it beats u up on small and medium size bumps.

Back