• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Questions for CR

morrisond

Expert
Hi Chris,

Are you willing to answer a few questions or should we post them on Sledtalk?

If he agrees please post your questions here.

Mine are:

Do the Fox Float 2's on the Apex SE have the ability to adjust the ride height seperately from the Stiffness?

What about the Megafloat on the back?

John said the Floats save 10lbs. How much more does the XTX Skid and track weigh than the regular Apex?

Are the A-arms the same as the 2010 so wide front ends will work?

How much more actual HP does the engine make on top? In the middle?

Any idea of when you will have information on Warranty and incentive programs?

Thank you again for all your help.

Another question for CR: why was the Apex Mountain dropped? It would have been easy to put the 162" skid and longer tunnel on the new model.

Mark

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask Chris why Yamaha didn't release an FX Nytro XTX SE ? Wasn't the FX Nytro XTX Yamaha's best seller ? One would think that an SE version of the FX Nytro XTX would have been obvious given this year's release of the FX Nytro MTX SE.

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to ask Chris why Yamaha didn't release an FX Nytro XTX SE ? Wasn't the FX Nytro XTX Yamaha's best seller ? One would think that an SE version of the FX Nytro XTX would have been obvious given this year's release of the FX Nytro MTX SE.

SO EASY TO DO>>>>> And they would have SOLD like HOTCAKES!!!! :o|

I have a question, what is the ski width on the new Apex XTX vs. Apex SE, on the website it says:

" (apex XTX) Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in. 48.4 in

(apex se)42.7 in" (American website)

How much higher is the seat? Not all of us are 6' plus with long legs.

Does it have a rear heat exchanger and or fan & radiator?

Are these Fox floats low maitenence like Kayaba's, Ohlins & GYTR'S or require a rebuild every 1,000 miles like my Polaris Fox Shox of the mid 90's

Any plan for a long term warranty upgrade for us Canucks like the Yanks got for spring orders? 4 years would be nice.

Are there going to be demo rides East of Quebec? Nothing on the site.

Thanks,

Dave

BTW; Real nice job on the new Apex. I'll buy one if the Demo ride goes well. I have guys who want my 06 GT.

NyTrOMaNIaC said:

X2

XIpyretta said:
I have a question, what is the ski width on the new Apex XTX vs. Apex SE, on the website it says:

" (apex XTX) Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in. 48.4 in

(apex se)42.7 in" (American website)

Both xtx and se models are 42.7" c to c, the 48.4" is total width.

SnoXer470 said:
Also..please justify the price difference b/t Canada and the United States......LOL

Just a thought, let me know if im way off here. Perhaps the price difference is because of the exchange rate in the past. I know that for a bit cars here where cheep almost a year after the exhange rate beteween the 2 currency's where different at the time the vehicle was built vs the time it was purchased.

if that made no sense il try again lol. At the time when the canadian dollar was worth more then the us dollar people where upset that we where still paying more, when the dollar went back to the usual a few months later we where getting great deals because the vehicles produced/orderd back then where just comming in now?

just a possibility maby?

Sorry guys, didn't spot this post until this am. I am on the road doing a whirlwind tour of three dealer meetings in three days with demo rides and six hour hauls in between... I know some of the answers to the proposed questions but not all, will need to do some research. Will work up a response for as many as I can, likely be next week... appreciate all the feedback I'm reading on TY. For the record, our dealers who are now riding the new sleds and hearing the complete tech background from our staff are stoked, pricing is a struggle but the sales programs we are announcing is really helping to take the bite out. If you are at all serious about making a purchase, you should be talking to your dealer, as well as your pals on TY ;-)
Thanks for the post (challenge) Dane... cheers cr :exc: :exc: :exc:

Back