• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A report from Cubby

Cubby's RX-1

VIP Member
Website
www.cubbyscustoms.com
Ok, got hit hard last night with the white stuff and did about 90 miles. No groomed trails around here so some corn fields and this straight line rail bed. The snow was so bad here around 1:30am I was able to open it up on a local freeway, thats right a freeway.

I cannot describe in words what this thing does now after Freddie and Matt have had thier grubby little hands on my sled. I could go on and on about how friggin fast it is or how at 60mph you snap the throttle and the front end pops the ski's in the air and in 2.3 seconds it's going 90mph.

So instead of empty words here is what I am proposing we do.

I will post on here where and when I will be if I ever ride. All of youse are more than welcome to ride it. I would really want some turbo guys to try it and compare it to thier sled. I want youse guys to experience this thing and maybe some one with a better descriptive vocabulary can tell us on this forum how bad a$$ this thing is...............Cubby

Do you think the Bender exhaust help any in the preformance or just in the sound. I have ecp/w evac, modified clutch and bender exhaust.
Thanks

hd_yamaha said:
Do you think the Bender exhaust help any in the preformance or just in the sound. I have ecp/w evac, modified clutch and bender exhaust.
Thanks

Hmmmmm, nope. The pipe is just for noise. Benders claims of HP increase were not seen on the dyno.....................................Cubby

That is great news, it's nice to know you don't need a $3-$5000 turbo to see significant performance gains. I had always assumed this might be possible with the right mods to help it breath better. I will also make the same mods when rebuilding my sled in the next month. Does that include a special helix in the clutch kit? How much approx. for the porting of cyl. heads? What track do you use to transfer that power to the snow? Sorry for all the questions I guess it ECP question day. Thanks, LaLaLa :D

Arctic RX said:
That is great news, it's nice to know you don't need a $3-$5000 turbo to see significant performance gains. I had always assumed this might be possible with the right mods to help it breath better. I will also make the same mods when rebuilding my sled in the next month. Does that include a special helix in the clutch kit? How much approx. for the porting of cyl. heads? What track do you use to transfer that power to the snow? Sorry for all the questions I guess it ECP question day. Thanks, LaLaLa :D

The entire stage 2 engine program involves sending you sled to ECP. We will predyno it for free. Then remove the cylinder head, port it, perform a competition valve job, degree your cams if necessary, raise compression and advance ignition timing and then perform a very thorough dynotune of your sled. This is all done without removing the engine from the chassis. Cost...$3700.00.

If you prefer to remove the head and send it to me, I will perform the the porting for $1150.00 You will also need to purchase adjustable cam sprockets for degreeing the camshafts and a thinner head gasket and slot the ignition pickup to make it adjustable. This is pump fuel applicable. I could sell you all the parts needed to do the program yourself. Call me if interested.

Freddie KLies
www.easterncycleperf.com

PH. (203)756-7019

SUPERTUNER said:
Cubby's RX-1 said:
All of youse are more than welcome to ride it................Cubby

"Youse"...what is that language? Must be that street ebonics from the dregs of Cincinatti or something.

Yea it's a word like "hawyadoin" or one of my favorites from the movie My Cousin Vinny.........the 2 yutes..............................Cubby

Not bashing here but that's $25.00 for each HP, you only gained 18. I'm thinking a Turbo may be way more bang for your buck. Or at the bare minimum NOS :?

Hmmm..."youse" sounds too much like yooper talk. Are you sure you don't have an identity crisis Cubby or were in the UP recently? LOL

Back