• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

oil change reminder message?

Mtnviper

Vendor
Website
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
I have a Vector GT EFI guage on my Nytro XTX. The gauge just clicked over 500 miles, and now I get a "oil" followed by "00004" message display in the odometer.
Does the 09-10 Vector GT have a oil change reminder in the gauge?
If so, how do you reset it?

The 00004 is how many miles you've gone since the reminder came on.

Turn the key to "on" but don't start the engine.
Push and hold the select & reset buttons at the same time for 5 seconds. The oil life meter will reset.

It will next come on again 2,500 miles after you reset the system.

Mtnviper said:
Thanks theCATman! I must be doing something wrong though. It keeps wanting to re-set the clock instead.

I'm sorry... I steered you a little wrong. You don't need to hold select too.

Turn the key to "on"....when it's flashing oil & oil trip miles, push & hold "reset" for about 1-2 seconds.... the distance traveled since last oil change will then flash.... now push & hold the "reset" button for 3-4 seconds.

Now it'll be reset & will come on again after 2,500 miles have been traveled.

You can reset the oil life meter at any time. I changed oil in my Vector at 495 miles, reset the life meter, and it didn't go off at 500 miles then. Assuming I don't reset it again, it'll now go off at 2,995 miles. But, I personally change oil every year regardless of miles.

theCATman said:
Mtnviper said:
Thanks theCATman! I must be doing something wrong though. It keeps wanting to re-set the clock instead.

I'm sorry... I steered you a little wrong. You don't need to hold select too.

Turn the key to "on"....when it's flashing oil & oil trip miles, push & hold "reset" for about 1-2 seconds.... the distance traveled since last oil change will then flash.... now push & hold the "reset" button for 3-4 seconds.

You can reset the oil life meter at any time. I changed oil in my Vector at 495 miles, reset the life meter, and it didn't go off at 500 miles then. Assuming I don't reset it again, it'll now go off at 2,995 miles. But, I personally change oil every year regardless of miles.

Is this oil change light/reminder only on the 2010's or will my 2008 Vector have the same thing?
I recently did an oil change on mine so I would like to reset it if I can?
Thanks

I believe it to be a new feature for '10 models.

theCATman said:
I believe it to be a new feature for '10 models.

Thanks. ;)!

[/quote]

You can reset the oil life meter at any time. I changed oil in my Vector at 495 miles, reset the life meter, and it didn't go off at 500 miles then. Assuming I don't reset it again, it'll now go off at 2,995 miles. But, I personally change oil every year regardless of miles.[/quote]

Yep, did the trick! Thanks theCATman ;)!

I'll link this thread to the guage swap thread in the FX Nytro section. Since the stock Nytro guage does not have this feature.

Back