• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gauge relocation

Haudy991

Veteran
I am thinking about moving the digital gauge cluster on my Phazer standard before I wreck it. Anyone have any suggestions outside of the Yamaha kit? Pictures would be much appreciated also.

Thanks!

I have the Yamaha kit, worked good nice and easy, my buddy phaze5 just flipped his bracket over, also worked good. I think he might have some pics of what he did see if you can send him a PM.

I just bought mine used & the gauge is down lower on the front of the riser. Pretty sure they just flipped it. No "windshield" if that's what you'd call it on there. I don't think they'll both fit with the mounting brackets for the screen in the way????

I can post up a pic tonight after worky for ya' ;)!

i saw a phazer for sale with the pod mounted on the plastic part above the headlight i think that looks sweet

here's mine...
yammispeedoemblem004.jpg

yammispeedoemblem005.jpg

just flip it dude i got the yamaha relo mount and its the same as the stock one fliped it just has some extra crap that raps around the gage pod

SoulHammer,
What are you running for handguards & mounts?? I've got the Power madd ones that just are held with a bolt thru 2 small pieces of plastic, I don't care for them, they break to easy....
Your set up is much better ;)!

Does the windshield even help at all? I didn't think it'd fit with the gauge there but it does. Thanks for the pic!

porkchop said:
SoulHammer,
What are you running for handguards & mounts?? I've got the Power madd ones that just are held with a bolt thru 2 small pieces of plastic, I don't care for them, they break to easy....
Your set up is much better ;)!

Does the windshield even help at all? I didn't think it'd fit with the gauge there but it does. Thanks for the pic!

your welcome for the pics it is tight but does fit. the hand guards are the stock rtx ones they work great and have taken some pretty good hits from branches. i think the windshield helps more than it looks like it would dont get me wrong its still a cold sled but i still love it. :4STroke:

Thanks for all the input and pics. I flipped the stock mount but the problem there is with my Pro Taper bars you cant see the gauge unless your standing. Here is what I am going to try next. I turned the riser around and am going to make mount plate to loacate the gauge pod on the rider side of the riser as long as i can get the wiring harness to reach. If it works out I will post some pics as soon as I can.

i can only see the top half of my screen sitting to but i have lakeeffect 2.5 riser. i did see if you flip stock mount you need to bend it up some to get it to be the same as yamahas drop mount

Haudy991 said:
Thanks for all the input and pics. I flipped the stock mount but the problem there is with my Pro Taper bars you cant see the gauge unless your standing. Here is what I am going to try next. I turned the riser around and am going to make mount plate to loacate the gauge pod on the rider side of the riser as long as i can get the wiring harness to reach. If it works out I will post some pics as soon as I can.

There are 2 guys on here that did that. Here is a link http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0
There is one pic on the 1 page and the other is on the 2 page

Back