• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skid MODS

Weapon X

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Pullin out the skid on my '08 RTX to change up a couple things installing some skidoo 135 mm wheels to help out save some slider wear ,heard Nytro guys doin this. and gonna try some white skidoo sliders as well cuz I found out they last longer and white is the toughest plastic. I also have a newer sc10-II skidoo skid from one of my other machines so I gonna try the shocks out of that skid already valved for my weight. What other suggestions should be done while got the skid out. Already have low snow wheels are 4th wheel kit.

Check the shaft the pivot at lower front is on.Make sure shaft is not bent.At rear check all the bushings and shaft in scissors for wear.

While you're in there, you may want to install a set of the torsion spring spacers to take up the slop of the springs.

no i think roicIND is talking about the spacer that slide inside the coils of the springs. there is a pic on hygears website.

i just made some myself from some material i ordered from mcmaster carr 2 yrs ago. the piece was $11 & good for 2 sets.

boo rad on here has the other set.

They dont and early ones all leaked grease at the base of factory ones.I found some little caps to put on mine.

cannondale27 said:
They dont and early ones all leaked grease at the base of factory ones.I found some little caps to put on mine.

Where did you get caps? i would like to get some for myself.

From work.They are those red plastic ones like you see stuck inside a hydraulic fitting when its new.Anything should work though.Could even just put a dab of silicone on it.

I think I seen little rubber caps at home depot cuz I got couple of them for my ends of my air fill valves on my fox shocks.

cannondale27 said:
From work.They are those red plastic ones like you see stuck inside a hydraulic fitting when its new.Anything should work though.Could even just put a dab of silicone on it.

I learned the hard way about them. Once during AT were sent out to greese the Hydraulic Excavator and was told to geese ever fitting on the chart, then do track tension. Will the one for the rotor is done by CAT itself or level 6 maintenance. Well it has a red dot int he center did not pay attention to it, and I got smoked big time.

Weapon X said:
gonna try some white skidoo sliders as well cuz I found out they last longer and white is the toughest plastic.

White just isn't dyed, it's all the same material :o|

If a womans VA JJ was orange but smelled clean and looked normal would it still be like a pink one?
I'd say yes, just a color difference....

Back