• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It pays to take your suspension out

WANN4STROKE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Viking
2006 ApxMtn-sold
2001 MtnMax-sold
1998 VMAX 500-totalled
Putting new hyfax on tonite and find rubber stop at end of rail worn thru-I've seen the damage that's cost, several grease zerks leaking around base and plastic sleeves around mounting rods wore out. Off to the shop it goes.

Besides welding- is there another fix for grease zerks?

Wife comes in garage and I tell her I can not fix all of it. She says " You spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on your sled to get pleasure for a few weekends a year". and I say " but look at all the money I spend on you to get a few seconds of pleasure". Couch isn't too comfy. I'll be in my recliner.

David :4STroke:

Some folks have used JB Weld, but that doesn't address the lack of a check ball in the factory grease nips.

I used the grinder to remove what the factory tacked on and welded on some 1/4" nuts. Now I use real threaded replaceable stainless grease zerks.

I know how you feel. My wife cringes sometimes when I have to reapir or replace things on my machine too. I just give it right back when she adds onto her ever-expanding shoe collection!

173221-original.jpg

That is a great idea for sure, wish i had a welder. I think this will be one of my summer projects.

Back