• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro hand/thumb warmers....frostbite

Snicks

Extreme
I went up to Hurley WI last weekend and it was miserably cold out. We got 5 minutes away from our hotel when I noticed my fingers getting cold. I stopped when the group stopped to warm up my fingers a half hour later. Unfortunately the tips of my fingers didn't take long to get frost bitten. Now i'm dealing with the issue that my hand warmers are not working. I know that there usually isn't enough power running to the handwarmers, and the yamaheater will do the trick. I'm wondering if I even have any power running to them at all. I've never had cold hands on this sled, sometimes they are too hot. Now they were ice cold all weekend. The display shows that they are on, and the bars go up and down when I adjust the handwarmer settings. Has anyone had an issue where they just completely stop working? Or was it just too cold for them to keep up? They felt as cold as ice.

Yeah I'm looking into that, I just want to make sure that the hand warmers are just generally working right now. I can't even tell if they're on. I'd hate to spend $200 on yamaheaters to find out that my handwarmers are junk.

You should be able to take a voltmeter and test them should maybe show something in a service manual. The other way would be to take an ohmeter and check the resistance thru the handwarmer to make sure that the coils are good you will have to disconnect the wiring at the handwarmer to do this.

I second the vote on buying the yamaheater. I had the exact same problem on my 2010 XTX within the first 100 miles it seemed like the warmers weren't working. i checked everything. Rock hooked me up with a Yamaheater and its been smooth sailing since! He's great to deal with send him a PM or give him a call and he'll help you out with any questions you might have!

Back