• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

is 13 a/f high?

extreman1

Extreme
Nytro with a supercharger ,1000 ft 7.5lbs boost. i am seeing a/f of 13's at 1/4 throttle, every where else 10-12, is the 13's too lean?? the gems is in the green lights when it reads 13's my boost mode is maxed and my green mode is maxed. any help???

13 at 1/4 throttle is right on, you are not putting any load on the motor.

Rule of thumb by Ted Jannetty:
idle: 14.5
engagement: 13.5
0 lbs of boost: 13.0
5 lbs of boost: 12.5
10 lbs and over: 11.8-12.0

It seems the Gems and other carb style controllers have problems mapping fuel to boost. I can't recall those problems using the more advanced Power Commander or Rapid Bike controllers.

Jan-O

I think those rules are for turbos only, it gets overlooked on year as boost is boost but I think a supercharger needs to be about a point lower in all categories because your always in boost from engagement on.

Those rules are related to boost not application :)
Universal the rules are.

mine idles at 12-5..and was told that if it is at 13-14..its just going to cause heat..the richer the mix.. less heat..leaner...more power. ;)! .to a point..is this right (rxrider)..Jan-O...I run mine a little lean,but have an extra rad in the back to reduce the heat. :o| .. jack

Do you guys idle your sleds much? :tg:
Warm up and ride, slow down, stop the sled, problem solved. Lean on WOT is going to kill your motor some day no matter the extra heat exchangers, the lean mixture will make the flame front in the combustion chamber burn at a higher temperature than what's safe. On a turbo sled around 12 AFR at WOT keeps the heat in the engine at a safe level.

my wot doesn't go any leaner than 11.5 at 14 lbs That's running a tunnel dump exhaust also which has little back presuure. I'm going back to full exhaust though. Great for racing,not for the trails. So as soon as i get the exhaust back on i'll adjust the fuel on the rb3. I might lean the idle out a little first.

14.0- 12.0 doesnt matter just find the point the sled idles the best. only time to even think about it is if it's idling for 15-20 min at a time in a garage or on top of the mtn..........shut it off!!!

Ok..I did the changes on my sled.and after playing in the powder..I notice that the tail pipe is not white anymore and I use more gas. :o| ..lol...but I guess thats a good thing...for the motor. ;)! .Now these are the same numbers for a turbo or a S.C...the A|Fs that is...Rxrider..????..hope so,cause my sled is dialed in at the numbers you gave ..lol..14.5
engagement: 13.5
0 lbs of boost: 13.0
5 lbs of boost: 12.5
10 lbs and over: 11.8-12.0

:jump:

Back