• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need some help with this one boys...

MEAT270

Veteran
Went out riding today and the Apex had a major bog after around 7000 rpm. It would run OK then at about that rpm it would go blaaaaaah and fall on its face. It wouldnt build any power. The day before I rode it and it was great revved to 10500 RPM and pulled hard. It is not showing any codes either. I dont know if I sucked up something from inside the tank or what. I pullled the injectors and didnt see any debris visible.

Any help or ideas would be great.

MEAT270 said:
Went out riding today and the Apex had a major bog after around 7000 rpm. It would run OK then at about that rpm it would go blaaaaaah and fall on its face. It wouldnt build any power. The day before I rode it and it was great revved to 10500 RPM and pulled hard. It is not showing any codes either. I dont know if I sucked up something from inside the tank or what. I pullled the injectors and didnt see any debris visible.

Any help or ideas would be great.

Riding condtions, deep snow?
If so, I would check your air-filter for build up or water.

If none found, try a can of Sea Foam before you start tearing into things.

I was riding in deep snow the time before but this started happening on the trail. The sled was dry. I will have a closer look at the airbox today. I was thinking about some fuel system cleaner as well. Is Seafoam safe in these engines?

I checked the TPS and it is fine. Not the TORS either. Gonna have a look at the fuel tank today.

cool I will get some then. Its worth a try. Are you adding it to the fuel or spraying it through the throttle bodies?

So I fixed it. I think the major issue was the cap on the spark plug in #4 cyl was so loose it came off in the socket when I took it out. Anyway I cleaned all the plugs and boots as well as the injectors, airfilter element, all applicable harnesses and put the sea foam in. Runs better than it has in a long time. Thanks for the ideas guys.

Back