• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

‘07 Apex heated grips turn on for 10 seconds then off

Goingmach_1

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex
Hi, bought a used 07 Apex and just getting it on the snow. Right off the get go, the handlebar grips and thumb warmer will turn on, briefly, then off after say 10 seconds. If you you keep toggling them back on eventually the grips and thumb do heat up. Albeit you need to keep turning on the switch.
Ideas?

Check the resistance of the grips. If there is too much current, the ECU shuts them off. Resistance should be between 1.53-1.87Ω for the grips. 37.0-45.2Ω for the thumb warmer.

Sorry for the delay. Sent of town. Thumb warmer rings out fine. Both grips read 7.0 ohmns. What does this mean?

My apologies. I looked up the wrongs specs. They should be between 6.75-8.25Ω so they're fine. Forgot to mention that you should also check if either are shorting to ground. On each grip on either wire, resistance should be infinite. Check all connections for corrosion as that would increase resistance and current draw.

Beyond that, I don't know what would cause it.

For some time now, whenever I start up my 2021 Challenger Dark Horse (after it's been powered off), the heated grips come on, continually to the same, particular heat setting. Each time, while using, I strength off the heated grips and close the motorcycle down with the heated grips powered off. But when I restart the subsequent time, the heated grips are on... Again, to the exact identical warmth putting as earlier than.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

Back