• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPS issue on 2011 Apex SE

Macgyver72

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex SE and Vector LTXGT
I’ve searched through the forums for this and didn’t find anything to resolve my issue so starting a new post.

I have a 2011 Apex SE. had it for 3 years and I don’t think the eps ever worked on it. The light did come on a couple of times when it was really cold when I first got it but nothing since other than coming on for a few seconds when I start it.

I checked all the wiring and fuse and everything looks good. Today I tried to get it into diagnostic mode a few times by turning the key on and then grounding out the wire on the unit but the EPS light stays solid on the cluster. Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you

Check all the connections up in the nose of the sled?

X2. Have you checeked the connections to the eps module?

I have checked all the connections / unplugged/replugged and they are good. Trailered in enclosed trailer so no corrosion issues

I have checked all the connections / unplugged/replugged and they are good. Trailered in enclosed trailer so no corrosion issues
How do you really know that your eps is really working. Is there a light that goes on when it is working? never paid attention to it before.

Small EPS symbol on the cluster illuminates at bulb check with key on sequence. Symbol illuminates and stays on if EPS module detects system fault, turns back off when issue is no longer present.

I’ve searched through the forums for this and didn’t find anything to resolve my issue so starting a new post.

I have a 2011 Apex SE. had it for 3 years and I don’t think the eps ever worked on it. The light did come on a couple of times when it was really cold when I first got it but nothing since other than coming on for a few seconds when I start it.

I checked all the wiring and fuse and everything looks good. Today I tried to get it into diagnostic mode a few times by turning the key on and then grounding out the wire on the unit but the EPS light stays solid on the cluster. Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you
from that description, the EPS is working. The light comes on when first starting as a system check. It only iluminates when it ISN'T working

I find it strange that I can’t get it into diagnostic mode though

I find it strange that I can’t get it into diagnostic mode though
When that happened to me it was the large connector in the nose that was unplugged. But the EPS light stayed illuminated and I had no power steering. It was obvious, VERY heavy to steer

Today I tried to get it into diagnostic mode a few times by turning the key on and then grounding out the wire on the unit but the EPS light stays solid on the cluster. Any advice/thoughts appreciated. Thank you
Are you sure this is the proper procedure for diagnostic mode. I don't have your model but this sounds a little off to me. Like the others I think that what you report with the EPS light indicates all normal.

It’s what the manual says. See attached

Attachments

• IMG_3358.png
    IMG_3358.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3358.png
    IMG_3358.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 39
Thanks, I had seen that. Wires all good on mine. In any case I will leave well enough alone. I started it up yesterday while the skis were on dollies and it’s evident the eps is working when I turn the bars (compared to when it’s not running).

Yup, mine looked like it was connected but needed a slight more bit of a push and it clicked in solid. No troubles since then. And you're right, there is a definite difference with the sled on and EPS working and when it isn't, not even a question

Back