• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

03 rx1 bar risers

Travishanny

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
03 Yamaha rx1
i put a 3.5 inch riser on my sled. An got the powermad throttle extension kit on it but the cable is too tight it’s completely undone an still not enough sled won’t even start any thing I can do?

If you installed the powermadd cable extension and it's too tight you've done something wrong. Maybe you routed the cable incorrectly?

If you installed the powermadd cable extension and it's too tight you've done something wrong. Maybe you routed the cable incorrectly?
The cable is plenty long enough it’s just pulling way to tight on my throttle from the cable inside. It’s really hard to explain. You would almost have to see it

Interesting...I've used both the mountain cable and the cable extension and both worked fine. Let us know how you fix it. Good luck.

I'd like to see how people reroute there cables for 3 1/2" bar risers. I have a 2" pivot riser with a 05 rx mtn throttle cable and there isn't much cable left. I'd like a 3 1/2" to 4" riser with my Apex seat, but I'm not sure about the brake line and parking brake cable. I'd really want more if I get a WRP seat. I have back issues and anything I can do to make my sled more comfortable the better.

i put a 3.5 inch riser on my sled. An got the powermad throttle extension kit on it but the cable is too tight it’s completely undone an still not enough sled won’t even start any thing I can do?
What part number did you use?should have been#43595 &has very specific fitment instructions for 4 stroke yamaha.did you cut the white piece off the throttle lever barrel end?

used an 05 rx1 moutain cable on my 05 rx war when i put the 4" on and on my brothers when it got the 4" rox riser on his 04.

Ya I put a 2" riser with the 2005 mountain cable on my 2004 rx1 and there wasn't much left.....you might want to switch to a 2"

cable might have been mislabled for you fortress as i ran the 05 mtx cables in stock location with lots of room to spare on a 4" riser.

Back