• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

04 RX1 wont rev up bogging...Blown up?

Ryanmlt1

I did a high speed pass WOT on my fiances RX1 hit about 85 and it started to loose power. Went to floor it again and it breaks up around 6000 rpm and sounds weird. It wont spin the trqck has no power. Almost like its on 3 cyl. Kinda of worried I lost a piston. It idles fine no back firing. Starts right up. Any suggestions. Im on a trip and shes bummed.

I did a high speed pass WOT on my fiances RX1 hit about 85 and it started to loose power. Went to floor it again and it breaks up around 6000 rpm and sounds weird. It wont spin the trqck has no power. Almost like its on 3 cyl. Kinda of worried I lost a piston. It idles fine no back firing. Starts right up. Any suggestions. Im on a trip and shes bummed.

Bad fuel??but the first thing I would do is change the plugs. When you pull the plugs take a good look at them and post back.

If you think you lost a piston starting and idling is a bad idea. Pull the plugs

test compression and drain floats to see is gas comes out a partially clogged fuel inlet may have only been noticed when the carb was starved for fuel. depending on how your fiancé rides, she may have never been on the throttle long enough to use more fuel then the pump could supply (assuming you have a partially clogged inlet) your WOT run could have used more fuel then what the pump could supply to the float bowl. I wouldn't recommend starting the motor to much until you've tested compression.

EDIT: Changed the belt and plugs. It didnt make a differece doesnt want to rev past 6500 without breaking up.
e6e7da0d4350227ce8cd8691279a966b.jpg
712c480c000f4a5af1a74ec8b50cf3c9.jpg

Well i took it out 3 more times since it started running bad, trying to diagnose. I dont have a compression tester with me. I will pull the plugs.

Last edited:
Sounds just like what I had going on. I found my fuel pump on on side wasn't working.

Back