• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'05 RX-1 season first start = no start

BlkHawk73

Veteran
First start-up of the season. Fuel was Seafoamed last yr - always is. Did the same as last yr, pulled line under belt cover, blew the air in to prime but this yr...nothing. Fuel is getting to the fuel pump and going out of it I know. Cranked 4 or 5 times for 10 sec or so each time with choke on and not firing. Really, really hate getting into the technical stuff taking things apart. Starting fluid and/or fresh fuel misted into carb via the airbox? Remove lines from fuel pump and squirt fresh fuel in?

Never hurts to throw in a new set of plugs or at least check the plugs to see if it is getting fuel into the cylinders. If the plugs are dry, than the answer is in the carbs. It's really not that bad of a job, had mine off for the first time last weekend to change jetting for my K&N filters and I do not consider myself a mechanic by any means. Plus there is a step by step how to here in the tech section.

:carbs:Ive used starting fluid before w/no problems (had dirty carbs). you probably need a carb clean, especially if you stored it with 87 octane.

Thanx! It's hi octane with Seafoam - run this in the sled and the bike. Gonna try starting fluid and get it fired up (fingers crossed) then run some new fresh gas with treatment to clean things out and - fingers crossed again - enjoy a good riding season.

I don't like beating on the battery and starter so I always use starting fluid to get her going at the beginning of the season. Open up the air box and spray, but have a towel handy in case of flames.

Back