• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

05 rx1 header cracked !

Ryan Gorby

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha Rx1
I went to go replace my donut gaskets and found out the header pipe is cracked and the donuts were completely gone . Should I go with the 05 header or look for a 03/04 header ? Does anyone know where used headers are? I'm new to this forum so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

03/04 is what you want call Travis a barn of parts he'll have what you need.
And replace donuts with copper ones. Will last forever.

I called barn of parts there out of stock..now I found a guy parting out a 03 rx1 iv heard the stainless steel pipes are shorter is that true? And what would I half to do to make it work ?

I don't believe there's any difference in length from 03-05 RX. I now 06 apex header is diff length.
Give Travis a call back he can tell ya for sure, the stainless headers have been in demand for a long time.
Remember use copper donuts.
I believe they changed length in 06 apex.

I found some 03 headers and yes they are the same length as my 05 headers .will be here probably next week

I don't believe there's any difference in length from 03-05 RX. I now 06 apex header is diff length.
Give Travis a call back he can tell ya for sure, the stainless headers have been in demand for a long time.
Remember use copper donuts.
I believe they changed length in 06 apex.

Only real difference is the 03 04 are stainless while the 05 are titanium and about a thousand dollars. Apex headers will fit but are a bit (about an inch) longer), I think if you use the whole system including back plastics exhaust tips ect they will fit. Something tells me the Apex setup was a bit different in the tips. 06 and 07 Apex are titanium as well. Later Apex is stainless. 03, 04 is the way to go!

I know I could make Apex headers work as I'm running an Apex Excell muffler pipe setup on my RX headers.

Mine were bad

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 237
I have a full Hauck exhaust if anyone is interested. PM me please.

They will fit for sure, I just did the same thing on my 05 warrior last winter. I bought brand new ones for 125.00 a piece from Partzilla, which was less than half the price of the Ti ones.

Should I take off the guards or leave them on ? Will this affect cooling at all ?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 157
Actually your headers don't look too bad!
I would turn up some new flares on the lathe and weld them on the old pipes, after you cut the old flares off.
If your not equipt to do this, any good machine shop could do it cheaper than a new header pipe.

Actually your headers don't look too bad!
I would turn up some new flares on the lathe and weld them on the old pipes, after you cut the old flares off.
If your not equipt to do this, any good machine shop could do it cheaper than a new header pipe.
Well after trying to separate the y pipes from the muffler for HOURS I gave up and cut the y pipe right where it connects to the muffler that way I could take the pieces out from the muffler on a bench and vice but the new SS pipes are in and it sounds awesome!!

Back